Rude!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I often hold a door open for someone and they thank me. BUT, there are times they walk through with no sign of even seeing me, let alone giving a nod, half smile or saying some little thing.

I have a standard tactic for these rude people.

In a loud voice I say:-
'You are most welcome and please don't mention it! Oh! You didn't.'

This attracts the attention of anyone within earshot and I hope shames the culprit.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
One of the best comebacks I've heard. Youngster in a hatch Shout's to a roadie. "You're gay". Quick as a flash, roadie comes back with. "Not when I'm f***ing your mum"

stephec

Legendary Member
I often hold a door open for someone and they thank me. BUT, there are times they walk through with no sign of even seeing me, let alone giving a nod, half smile or saying some little thing.

This attracts the attention of anyone within earshot and I hope shames the culprit.
Same here. :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
And rightly so, a proper womanly shaped arse is much better.

You should've replied, "skinny women might be alright to look at, but not as much fun to play with." :smile:
As in 'who wants to cuddle a bag of bones?'

My immediate thought, when this random person made her comment was, Queen didn't write "Flat bottomed girls" did they. :laugh:

Saluki

My pal Jan, says that I am the queen of the one liners.
Her (horrible) ex BF had just been speaking quite horribly to her and then turned to me, smiled and tried a charm offensive and said "sorry I am so ugly today, I haven't had time to shave my head". I replied "oh really, does it make a lot of difference then?". Jan cracked up, Richard (the horrible ex) did not look very happy.

I did get flashed once, by a chap and he said "how'd you like this?" & I said "sliced on rye bread, hold the mayo". He wasn't happy but the lady walking with me found it hilarious. I once replied to a flasher "no thank you, I roll my own" and he ran away. Let's face it, I worked with horses, flashers have nothing to flash about :laugh::laugh:

Saluki

One of the best comebacks I've heard. Youngster in a hatch Shout's to a roadie. "You're gay". Quick as a flash, roadie comes back with. "Not when I'm f***ing your mum"
I had a woman at work (I worked at nPower) who was a notorious bullying cow and she said something to me along the lines of 'you are so ugly, no man would ever look at you' to which I replied something about 'your husband seems happy to look while I'm shagging him'. Interestingly, she left me alone after that. A good stock reply to have handy to pull out when the need arises, that.

Mrs M

Guru
We bumped into a "friend" recently out shopping, he's a retired GP.
We stood chatting about various things then he said, "you need to drop some weight, both of you"
We just stood there :ohmy: while he chatted on.

Saluki

We bumped into a "friend" recently out shopping, he's a retired GP.
We stood chatting about various things then he said, "you need to drop some weight, both of you"
We just stood there :ohmy: while he chatted on.
You didn't reply with something like 'and you could do with learning some tact'

Mrs M

Guru
Too stunned at the time.
Did laugh about it later though.
He always just tells it like it is, very blunt.

This is one from my daughter when she was 17. She was riding in a sportive . There were a couple of middle aged guys riding behind her. One said a little too loudly to his friend, I wonder if she rides like she rides. My daughter found this a little repulsive so dropped back and told the guy one he would never find out and when she got to the finish she would find his wife and tell him what he said. The guy quickly disapeared up the road at top speed, probably to remove his wife from the finish line area.

Ganymede

Veteran

My version is "No, thank YOU!". Then if they give me a surprised look I give them a puzzled "Oh..." (as in: OH YOU DIDN'T SAY SORRY DID YOU, YOU ENTITLED SELF-ABSORBED GIT).

Ganymede

Veteran
This is one from my daughter when she was 17. She was riding in a sportive . There were a couple of middle aged guys riding behind her. One said a little too loudly to his friend, I wonder if she rides like she rides. My daughter found this a little repulsive so dropped back and told the guy one he would never find out and when she got to the finish she would find his wife and tell him what he said. The guy quickly disapeared up the road at top speed, probably to remove his wife from the finish line area.
Good work!

Top Bottom