Rugby League Players - hard, aren't they?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trail Child

:0

Noodley

I'd have been more impressed if he'd had it removed on the field of play. :wacko:

I've just watched the highlights on TV and it was a great game.

Maz

Guru
It alway seems a paradox to me that rugby is a violent sport where the spectators are generally well-behaved, yet football is not seen as a violent sport, but the spectators (or a section of them) have a reputation for violence.

penguinking9

It alway seems a paradox to me that rugby is a violent sport where the spectators are generally well-behaved, yet football is not seen as a violent sport, but the spectators (or a section of them) have a reputation for violence.

My theory is that it's because they took the violence out of football that it ended up on the terraces, whereas in rugby (my own preference is for union rather than league), the violence is still on the pitch.

On the other hand, some people are just thugs and will use anything as an excuse to splatter another thugs nose across his face.

Though the phrase 'tennis hooliganism' isn't one I'm expecting to hear any time soon.

colly

Re member eR
Most RL players are so**ing huge too. I did some work for Leeds Rugby and when I called round to the address to collect some stuff three of the 1st team players happened to come in the room. They stood near the window it was like an eclipse had happened.:unsure:

Hey Crock! Do y'know Chris Wilkins (a mate of mine
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzUo-D4AruXXJYW-YoVI0UEc6uGUgfiHnfuZynOCH-cJQFCy0UbJJRLo-w.jpg
and head of Kent rugby coaching - in some capacity)?

He ruptured a testicle and the details were NOT nice.

Very much so! Both myself and the OH are big fans of rugby union, my stepson is playing for the Bedford Blues as well and I have to say they are generally (minus the odd couple of punches here and there :B) ) very well behaved, both players and fans and very respectful towards referees and decisions.. Quite impressive really and at the same time a very entertaining day out, for people who just want to watch a game, have a drink (or four), eat utterly unhealthy food and go home!
Footballers on the other hand, IMO have lost the plot a bit (as often happen with fame and money).. Sorry but I fail to see the "macho-male" in people with manicures, fake tan, alice bands and Luis Vuitton necessaires held underarm.. xx(

Top Bottom