Rugby League Players - hard, aren't they?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Can we accept that football and rugby injuries are different? The few footballers poncing about that appear on TV do a disservice to the thousands of others that play and love the game.

Ruby involves a lot of upper body contact. I have one ear at a slightly different height to the other due to this.
Football is lower body. Anyone want to put their weight on one leg, anchored firmly with studs, whilst being slid into on it? Joints there don't take kindly to it.

Different sports. We seem to be able to accept MTB and road cycling are different. I can't remember this type of debate on them here, why can't we do it with rugby/football?
Yep.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlZyQylOKv4&feature=related

And some people don't know if they're playing rugby or football!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOivzoRc0I8

Ajay

Veteran
Yeh, some funny clips there, but what is the point of comparing rugby to football?
In football you tackle the ball, player contact is minimal; in rugby you tackle the man (ok in the case of this thread you tackle the err, tackle).
When footballers play the man and not the ball this is what can happen....
2686518136-soccer-barclays-premier-league-birmingham-city-v-arsenal-st-andrews.jpg

Maybe that's why they don't like being kicked.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yeh, some funny clips there, but what is the point of comparing rugby to football?
In football you tackle the ball, player contact is minimal; in rugby you tackle the man (ok in the case of this thread you tackle the err, tackle).
When footballers play the man and not the ball this is what can happen....
2686518136-soccer-barclays-premier-league-birmingham-city-v-arsenal-st-andrews.jpg

Maybe that's why they don't like being kicked.
I think it's probably done to annoy people who bang on about how tough soccer is. Just a guess. I don't upload them, but I do occasionally watch them.

Top Bottom