Rugby World Cup 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
That's his role to be fair. My girlfriend knows very little about rugby, this WC being her intro to it and she loves watching him because, in her words "the Hair is such a little s**t picking on those big blokes!"

Oh I know, but my point stands. I like when he tries to tackle a big fella and is woefully ineffective.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oh I know, but my point stands. I like when he tries to tackle a big fella and is woefully ineffective.

He put in a brilliant tap tackle in the last minutes of the final. I don't remember on whom but it was absolutely textbook.

GetFatty

Über Member
I bumped into Mickey Skinner in a pub once. Literally. Fortunately no drinks were spilled. It was a few years after he retired and he was a bit porky.

Me and my very drunk mate met him in the Crown in Blackheath. Nice bloke but I think he got fed up of us particularly when my mate said “Forget your friends Mickey, you’re talking to us now”

yello

He put in a brilliant tap tackle in the last minutes of the final. I don't remember on whom but it was absolutely textbook.

I can confirm that it was an All Black. He got that bit right. Darn fine tackle it was too (edit: indeed try saving)

I found myself looking closely at his barnet at scrums because I was convinced he had a bald spot. Made for an entertaining match. It was brutal, SA doing what they do best. I picked them as eventual winners before the tournament started (much to the something of my French neighbours and friends).... but then i would say that now wouldn't I?

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I found myself looking closely at his barnet at scrums because I was convinced he had a bald spot.
:laugh:
Why didn't you mention this before?

I'm going to have to watch some recordings now in order to play "spots Faf's bald spot"

geocycle

Legendary Member
Well played SA, deserved winners. I thought at the start of the tournament they looked awesome, the sort of side most would not want to play. In the early games they also seemed to have threats beyond the pack and defence although that became less obvious as the matches got tighter.

This approach clearly wins world cups where the result is everything. I hope the more expansive teams do not try and change, especially outside of world cups. For the game to progress it needs to win more fans and remember, it’s only a game , and only makes commercial sense because people want to watch it.

That clip has had over a million likes. :laugh:

Makes me laugh every time I look at it. I bet deKlerk hates it.

Top Bottom