Rugby World Cup Tickets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Has anyone had any issues with the tickets they have received for Rugby World Cup matches?

I have received my 4 for the Canada v Romania match, at Leicester and we have an aisle in between our seats, I.e 2 and 2 with aisle in the middle.

I am not happy about this, the RWC ticket website guarantees single bookings will be sat together. I have taken it up with them and they are refusing to budge because they say this still constitutes sitting together, as does 2 in front and 2 behind. I would have been happy with that scenario, but in my eyes this isn't sat together.

I have asked them to re-issue us with 4 tickets together, because the match isn't sold out, but still they won't.

Not happy

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Learn British Sign Language and communication across the aisle won't be a problem.

I won't charge for this advice. :okay:

This doesn't sound like a problem - unless it is imperative for you all to be 'four in a line'. £250+ for a pair of tickets to see NZ play at Wembley Stadium, with its awful bars, suspicious 'attendants' and lack of spirit would bother me more...but that's my nephew's problem. :smile:

Venue: Leicester City Stadium
Capacity: 32,312
Games hosting: 3
04.10.2015 Argentina v Tonga
06.10.2015 Canada v Romania
11.10.2015 Argentina v Namibia
Tickets available? Limited availability for Argentina v Tonga (from £35) and moderate availability for Canada v Romania (from £15)

david k

Hi
Has anyone had any issues with the tickets they have received for Rugby World Cup matches?

I have received my 4 for the Canada v Romania match, at Leicester and we have an aisle in between our seats, I.e 2 and 2 with aisle in the middle.

I am not happy about this, the RWC ticket website guarantees single bookings will be sat together. I have taken it up with them and they are refusing to budge because they say this still constitutes sitting together, as does 2 in front and 2 behind. I would have been happy with that scenario, but in my eyes this isn't sat together.

I have asked them to re-issue us with 4 tickets together, because the match isn't sold out, but still they won't.

Not happy

You wouldn't have this issue with rugby league

OP
OP
G

gavgav

Guru
This doesn't sound like a problem - unless it is imperative for you all to be 'four in a line'. £250+ for a pair of tickets to see NZ play at Wembley Stadium, with its awful bars, suspicious 'attendants' and lack of spirit would bother me more...but that's my nephew's problem. :smile:
Going as a group I think sitting in a line is conducive to a more enjoyable day myself. Give me Twickers over Wembley any day!

IncoherentJeff

I accidentally bought 1 ticket for Samoa v Scotland in Newcastle rather than 2. As soon as I got my email confirmation I realised & phoned the help line. They couldn't re-release my 1 ticket and allow me to purchase 2 or let me purchase an additional ticket next to the 1 I already had.

Their solution... buy 2 more tickets then in spring place my 3rd ticket into the official reselling system. At £150 each! I couldn't afford that!

So I've bought 2 tickets to Scotland v USA at Elland Road for my dads 60th instead.

I've added the Samoa v Scotland ticket to their official reselling scheme. Not takers so it looks like I'll be going on my own.

And to top it off as I'm reselling 1 ticket they won't post my other tickets to me, I have to print them myself/collet from the box office less than 24hrs before the game despite being charged for p&p.

It's pretty poor service as far as in concerned.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
As far as RWC are concerned the ticket buying fan is nothing more than a source of money. They don't give a monkey's about you other than that.

Last edited:
I agre but stand by my post above.
Indeed I would agree with you - they don't give a toss.
I applied for 1st ballot and then looked in a half-hearted manner for next release - at which point I decided "f*ck off, I'll be getting bladdered in the local and spending my cash locally at my club"

OP
OP
G

gavgav

Guru
Have a fight with the next two people along from you and then have their seats when they've gone to the hospital.
:smile:!! More likely to see that at the football next weekend (not from me I hasten to add) as Millwall are coming to Town for the 1st game of the season :eek:

Top Bottom