rules for cyclists on dual carriageways

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
If you go into the right hand lane then sit in the middle of the lane , if you go next to the kerb then you will get close passes .

I ride in the right lane on a DC for the same distance, ive not noticed any closer passes than the left tbh. I also have to use the same stretch going home and have to cross the two lanes and i tell you which is more scary. Either way the cyclist has a right to be there whether we like it or not.

heliphil

Guru
I have to negotiate a similar situation on the way to work - I ride on the inside of the outer lane.. I have have had cars overtake on either side, sometimes safely sometimes not and plenty of cars stay behind me. Fortunately the stretch I have is only about 80 yds so most are quite patient. Whatever you do some motorists will say you are wrong just being on the road.

U

User6179

I ride in the right lane on a DC for the same distance, ive not noticed any closer passes than the left tbh. I also have to use the same stretch going home and have to cross the two lanes and i tell you which is more scary. Either way the cyclist has a right to be there whether we like it or not.

Stop reading what you think I am saying and read what I am actually saying:smile:
If you want to use the outside lane then do not hug the kerb or you invite undertakes like what the OP did .

Top Bottom