Rumours and transfers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
On a similar vein, first view of Team Wiggins new kit design
That's not the one I'd seen...
target-1414788_i.png

SWSteve

Guru
Out of interest, what's your source for this? I know it's been a rumour for a while, but there has been no official announcement.

Well, nothing official - but Mottram has said Rapha are moving away from Sky. And, have you seen the Viviani/Italy promo work, if it isn't Castelli something is up.

I would expect it announced on Monday, before the time trial raining starts in Ernest in Doha

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm amazed that they're ahead of Dimension Data in the UCI rankings this season without ever seeming to be so much as taking part in any of the races I've watched.

With Vanmarcke on the team as well now, it looks like they'll be having a real go at the spring one-dayers next season. Which makes sense - they're always going to be also-rans in the GTs.

SWSteve

Guru
I'm amazed that they're ahead of Dimension Data in the UCI rankings this season without ever seeming to be so much as taking part in any of the races I've watched.

With Vanmarcke on the team as well now, it looks like they'll be having a real go at the spring one-dayers next season. Which makes sense - they're always going to be also-rans in the GTs.

Dimension data have signed Ben King, Scott Thwaites and Lachlan Morton. Will they bring enough rankings points though...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Dimension data have signed Ben King, Scott Thwaites and Lachlan Morton. Will they bring enough rankings points though...
No. King has 4 points and the other two have not scored, so doesn't displace Cummings's 38 points.

I think the only riders with enough ranking points to close DDD's gap and without contracts for 2017 showing on PCS are Henao, Rodriguez and Cancellara - two of whom are retired, but one's rumoured to be reconsidering.

lyn1

Über Member

These signings are with a view to strengthening the team in various areas rather than seeking World Tour points. Thwaites and Morton are currently in Div 2 & 3 teams respectively, so will have little opportunity to get WT points as they do far fewer WT races. If you want points you do not look at guys outside WT teams.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Stelvio is 24km at 7.4%, max about 13%, with 48 hairpins and 1845m rise (from Prato). Alpe D'Huez is 14km at 8.1%, max about 11.5%, with 21 hairpins and 1124m rise. Stelvio is a lot higher than Alpe D'Huez.

Last edited:
Top Bottom