Runners vs Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
People who think they are proper cyclists then. They think this because they're wearing lycra and a bit of polystyrene on their noggin and ignore others partaking in the same hobby because they're not dressed in the uniform.

Well this makes me a part time proper cyclist, I wear lycra its very comfortable, I don't always wear a hat or glasses and sometimes wear baggy shorts and never ignore anybody.

simonali

Guru
Well this makes me a part time proper cyclist, I wear lycra its very comfortable, I don't always wear a hat or glasses and sometimes wear baggy shorts and never ignore anybody.

Sounds just like me, apart from the lid bit, as I've never gotten around to buying one. I was merely pointing out that some folk on bikes are a bit sniffy...

DRHysted

Guru
Might just be me but whenever I see someone running they always look like they're about to collapse, they sound awful, have everything strapped up, and have that OMG expression on their face ! ^_^
I like to just poodle along on my bike soaking up the sun and absorbing the countryside at a nice leisurely pace .. :bicycle:
then have a slice of cake !

That reminds me of a bloke that started catching me up on a 10k run I was taking part in couple of months ago. He really throw me of my pace for a while as he was making noises like those female tennis players. It worked on making me run faster though.

Venod

Eh up
Sounds just like me, apart from the lid bit, as I've never gotten around to buying one. I was merely pointing out that some folk on bikes are a bit sniffy...

I know :smile:

I was just trying to point out, as the saying goes.

" You can't judge a book by looking at the cover"

Drago

Legendary Member
If you want waves to bring you fullfillment then buy a Ford Fusion. Every pensioner in christendom will wave rabidly in recognition and approval, toma disconcerting degree. The Smart car owners wave is restrained in comparison.

mustang1

Guru
I think I get a similar cardio workout in 20 minutes jogging that I do in 1 hour cycling.

Top Bottom