Running - How hard can it be? - Norwich Mile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bad boy

Über Member
Your be fine take it easy don't get excited go off to fast and just settle into a comfortable rhythm and you will finish no problem.

I would agree with rich p and say a good club runner will do it in 36 although I think a more realistic time is around the hour mark for someones first time !?.

When you start getting to the 45 min mark anything under that takes considerably more training, I know people at my club that have been training for months to knock a few minutes of there 42 PB where as somone finishing around the hour mark could easily knock ten minutes off that with a small amount of basic training.

only just realised you done it so well done mate got another booked yet ??. Im doing the hyde park 10k if your up for that ?.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Plax said:
Well done, are you suffering yet? Mind you you're only a youngster so probably not ;).

Not really. I can feel that my legs are a little stiff today, but only a minor thing. My shoulder did start hurting a bit during the run, but I ignored it. It plays up from time to time anyway (carrying too much shopping from Sainsburys, too far home, too often :biggrin:!!)

bad boy said:
When you start getting to the 45 min mark anything under that takes considerably more training, I know people at my club that have been training for months to knock a few minutes of there 42 PB where as somone finishing around the hour mark could easily knock ten minutes off that with a small amount of basic training.

only just realised you done it so well done mate got another booked yet ??. Im doing the hyde park 10k if your up for that ?.

One of my mates who also did it did about 45 mins, which was really good. Ran with him the first 2/3 miles, but realised I could not keep up with his pace for the whole thing.

Having done it and just knowing what sort of pace I could do I think I could probably shave 5-10 mins of it easily...just by knowing that I can go a bit faster without being dead at the end.

Not got another planned.....when's the next sport's relief? :smile:

I did have a really good time...but running isn't my thing compared to cycling. Will probably go for the odd run now and again though, as it can be easier than cycling (if the weather isn't that great, or only got 30mins to kill). :smile:

Top Bottom