Running / Swimming 🏃‍♂️🏊 Boards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Have they now been scrapped? I realise they didn't get a lot of footfall.

But all there is now across the top where the running and swimming used to be is NACA.

classic33

Leg End Member
Went about a week ago. They were still there despite the new site being featured at the top.
walkingchat & runningchat.

Good morning,

I was vaguely interested in them, so I wonder if there is a XenForo add in that would allow a button to be added that would be similar to the New Posts button but lists New Posts On All Fora. With both buttons on a page it would be up to the user what they choose to see.

I appreciate that as these are four instances of the forum that user accounts would not be shared and there would be issues with preferences, block lists, trending posts etc, but these issues would probably be acceptable to most users as the cost of seeing all four fora at once in the new posts list.

The only other downside, that I can see is that it would be a page out of sync with the development of the main New Posts page and it may significantly increase the resources required to run the site, for resources read money.:smile:

The New Posts On All would probably need to query each forum instance separately for performance reasons, (as well as separate databases they could be on different servers ) and then merge the results, a simple thing to do but possibly quite resource hungry in comparison with the re-execution of the new posts query on only one forum instance where the database server may be able to determine that the result is already known so return it from cache.

Bye

Ian

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning,

I was vaguely interested in them, so I wonder if there is a XenForo add in that would allow a button to be added that would be similar to the New Posts button but lists New Posts On All Fora. With both buttons on a page it would be up to the user what they choose to see.

I appreciate that as these are four instances of the forum that user accounts would not be shared and there would be issues with preferences, block lists, trending posts etc, but these issues would probably be acceptable to most users as the cost of seeing all four fora at once in the new posts list.

The only other downside, that I can see is that it would be a page out of sync with the development of the main New Posts page and it may significantly increase the resources required to run the site, for resources read money.:smile:

The New Posts On All would probably need to query each forum instance separately for performance reasons, (as well as separate databases they could be on different servers ) and then merge the results, a simple thing to do but possibly quite resource hungry in comparison with the re-execution of the new posts query on only one forum instance where the database server may be able to determine that the result is already known so return it from cache.

Bye

Ian
If they're not there, there can be no new posts. Therefore a "See New On All" would be pointless.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
Went about a week ago. They were still there despite the new site being featured at the top.
walkingchat & runningchat.

It was walking and running was it? Shows how bad my memory is going for some reason I thought it was swimming!!

I wouldn't make a good eye witness 😟

Top Bottom