Rutland Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Anyone else had problems with these? I bought a pair of shorts from them and they are at least 6 inches smaller around the waist than advertised, now they want me to pay to return them!

400bhp

Guru
Yes - they are on Fleabay aren't they? Crap service, had to go through Paypal disputes to get my money back on one occasion.

I think their crap service wasn't intentional, more likely understaffed or disorganised (they couldn't remember they had taken my money:mrpig:)

cycleman

I bought a gore balaclava mask from them a month ago. Item came quickly with no problems. I rung them up to make sure they had it in stock and they told it would take 3-4 days but I got it sooner.

I think every company has thier issues from time to time

Flattrackhero

Gulp I have just paid Rutland for a GT Scamp for my 10 year old Daughter's Birthday present. I hope it arrives on time. We have a family bike ride planned for the afternoon - and it would be a shame to have to leave her at home alone on her birthday :-)

but when you commit to a ride......

anyuser

Über Member
I will not buy from them again, after they took money for orders and then sent emails saying items were out of stock and would I like an alternative. I then had to ask for a refund each time and wait a week for that to appear on my credit card.

OP
OP
Little yellow Brompton

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
I will not buy from them again, after they took money for orders and then sent emails saying items were out of stock and would I like an alternative. I then had to ask for a refund each time and wait a week for that to appear on my credit card.
It's just taken 6 " Ebay messages" ( their email address is "not read") and a careful explanation of both the Sale of Goods Act and the Distance Selling Regulations to convince them that they will be paying for the return of the goods. Now to see if they actually do so.

irw

Quadricyclist
I bought an electric assist kit from them a few years ago for Mrs. IRW's bike. After sending them an email (or maybe it was a phone call, it was a few years ago now!) asking if it met the necessary legal sticking points regarding EAPC's in the UK, as the ebay ad did not state the motor power, and them assuring me it did meet the requirements, it turned up in a box with notices all over it stating 'not for road use' and with a motor that was officially too powerful. They arranged a courier to pick it up, but then when I got my refund, it was minus the postage for both ways. (which was not unsubtantial, IIRC). They never did reply to my message about it.

Top Bottom