England : Rutland Rutland Ride Mon 4th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A very scenic ride on Bank Holiday Monday, and it's a holiday the next day too. The thinking is that Rutland is great for a few days break and one or part of those days could be spent cycling. One of our forum friends who was on Colin's recent ride has just spent Easter here so he might post his take on the area and where to stay. No times yet, will wait and see what fits those that intend to come.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm definitely up for this one which totallyfixed and dr_pink have kindly arranged to fit in with my Midlands family visit in the summer! :smile:

Orange

My diary is free for that date - although it is the day after a wedding reception, so I might not be in the best condition! Maybe a ride will do me good though.

simon.r

Person
It's about time I met a few forumites in real life, but...what sort of distance and average speed would you expect to be doing?

BTW, I have an uncle who lives in Teigh. Just thought I'd mention it:smile:

My diary is free for that date - although it is the day after a wedding reception, so I might not be in the best condition! Maybe a ride will do me good though.
Be good to see you again, I hear you have a new bike, or have I as usual got that wrong?

It's about time I met a few forumites in real life, but...what sort of distance and average speed would you expect to be doing?

BTW, I have an uncle who lives in Teigh. Just thought I'd mention it:smile:
Give or take a few miles generally around 50 and on this one we might just have 2 stops. We don't talk about average speeds on these rides, depends who is riding, it's more of a rolling social. For me and Dr Pink it's a real chance to chill out and showcase Rutland. If you are heading over to Teigh before the forum ride give me a shout.

I know it short notice but the YACF are having a camping weekend a Rutland this weekend.
Camping at Wing Hall Estate.
Thread here -> http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=56612.0
Feel free to turn up ......... ^_^

Steve H

Large Member
A very scenic ride on Bank Holiday Monday, and it's a holiday the next day too. The thinking is that Rutland is great for a few days break and one or part of those days could be spent cycling. One of our forum friends who was on Colin's recent ride has just spent Easter here so he might post his take on the area and where to stay. No times yet, will wait and see what fits those that intend to come.

Yep - it was me! Rutland is a gorgeous county. Riding around Rutland Water is a fantastic route for families and the roads around the county either appeared fairly quite or had decent cycle lanes. We had a great time even in not so great weather.

I'd like to get down for this ride, although I'll have to be a 'maybe' at this stage, until I figure out what plans the family might have for this Bank Holiday weekend!

That would be fantastic if you could get down, here are some pics from from Rutland taken on Tuesday and from todays club ride:

RutlandApril2012014.jpg

RutlandApril2012013.jpg

RutlandApril2012012.jpg

RutlandApril2012011.jpg

This is a distant shot of the Ospreys nest on Rutland Water
RutlandApril2012008.jpg

Red Kite
RutlandApril2012006.jpg

Not a lot of traffic!
RutlandApril2012004.jpg

You can just see Launde Abbey in the background
RutlandApril2012016.jpg

In June this really is a very pretty area, even mentioned by David Harmon on Eurosport this afternoon during the Amstel Gold cycle race this afternoon.

I'll have been on nights the day before even if I end up getting the Bank Holiday off, so won't be able to make it thanks to zero sleep. One day these rides will fall on a day that coincides with my shifts!

Top Bottom