England : Rutland Rutland Ride Mon 4th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rider list so far:
Me
dr_ pink
ColinJ
Orange
AngelDiva
Cycleruk
User13710 [looking good]
RebessaOlds [possible depending on trains]
simon.r [possible]
Steve H [possible]

I suppose the thing that stands out most is that if all the possibles come we will have 4 ladies which is fantastic and may encourage others to give forum rides a go. Did I forget to mention that there will be further sustenance back at our place post ride, dr pink makes very good cakes, possibly bad news for Colin :rolleyes:.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'd like to be a possible for this please, providing I'm back from holiday by then.

I'd like to be a possible for this please, providing I'm back from holiday by then.
Very welcome, though I'm a bit envious that you are able to go on holiday and not know when you are coming back :smile:, would you be coming by train or car? I'm only asking so that nearer the time I know to be aware of the ever so slight possibility of trains running late.
It's beer that made me fat, not cake! (Okay, having cake as well as beer doesn't help, but when I have a long dry spell, I get away with goodies like cake! :thumbsup:)
Ha! I was going to offer you a beer but I see now I will very reluctantly have to drink yours. Not to worry though dr_pink does very juicy lettuce and rocket sarnies.

Updated rider list:
Me
dr_ pink
ColinJ
Orange
AngelDiva
Cycleruk
User13710 [looking good against all the odds!]
RebessaOlds [probable]
Flying Dodo [probable]
simon.r [possible]
Steve H [possible]
AnythingButVanilla [If back from holiday]

Blimey, I think the word is out from those that have been to Rutland before.
On another note, for anyone who has not experienced a professional road race, come along to Rutland on Sunday 29th April if you can. It is an amazing race and passes through one of the villages about 7 times, everyone goes there and it has a great atmosphere, you can even have a chat to Hugh Porter and his equally famous wife. There are tons of refreshments and a BBQ, the whole village gets behind it.
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/ro...utland---Melton-International-CiCLE-Classic-0
Last year I was marshalling but this year we will be riding out to it after watching the start, it's only a few miles away and I can highly recommend it, a great day out.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Very welcome, though I'm a bit envious that you are able to go on holiday and not know when you are coming back :smile:, would you be coming by train or car? I'm only asking so that nearer the time I know to be aware of the ever so slight possibility of trains running late.

Heh, nothing as exciting as that unfortunately. I've booked leave for the end of April and plan on having 7-10 days in Ibiza but I've not actually booked any flights yet so it's all dependant on the whims of BA/sleazyjet/ryanscare. I'll definitely let you know either way though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On another note, for anyone who has not experienced a professional road race, come along to Rutland on Sunday 29th April if you can. It is an amazing race and passes through one of the villages about 7 times, everyone goes there and it has a great atmosphere, you can even have a chat to Hugh Porter and his equally famous wife. There are tons of refreshments and a BBQ, the whole village gets behind it.
That would have been great, but I'll be on family visits that weekend as part of my trip down for your ride. I might cycle over to visit my cousins in Kenilworth and go for a stroll round the Abbey Fields, and up to the castle.
Ha! I was going to offer you a beer but I see now I will very reluctantly have to drink yours. Not to worry though dr_pink does very juicy lettuce and rocket sarnies.
I really try hard to resist beer before 22:00 except on the odd occasion when I go out for a meal or to the pub, these days only 3 or 4 times a year. The later I start, the easier it is to not drink so much. Last night f'instance - I had beer in the fridge but I stayed on the forum until midnight before flopping in front of the TV to watch a couple of documentaries that I'd recorded. As a result, I have 2 beers left. If I'd started earlier, I'm sure I would have guzzled them too!

Ah - rocket - I only started eating it last year and I absolutely love it! I usually make up a big bowl of rocket-based salad and eat it with either cottage cheese, tuna or houmous/hummus on baked potatoes/sweet potatoes or pitta breads. Hmmm! :hungry:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Seed sown Steve and Helen,Mrs Skud is checking her rota this week.Hope to be able to join you both down South !

Seed sown Steve and Helen,Mrs Skud is checking her rota this week.Hope to be able to join you both down South !
Found this little gem about Rutland, scroll down and have a look at the film, not the best camera work I've ever seen but it gives you an idea of what I have been banging on about:
http://www.discover-rutland.co.uk/
and check out the webcam [daytime] and click top right menu for latest news, I'm a volunteer looking after the Ospreys and monitoring them hence my avatar:
http://www.ospreys.org.uk/

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Found this little gem about Rutland, scroll down and have a look at the film, not the best camera work I've ever seen but it gives you an idea of what I have been banging on about:
http://www.discover-rutland.co.uk/
and check out the webcam [daytime] and click top right menu for latest news, I'm a volunteer looking after the Ospreys and monitoring them hence my avatar:
http://www.ospreys.org.uk/

Would love the chance to see the Ospreys if possible whilst I/We were over your way.

cycleruk

Updated rider list:

There seems to be a ever increasing number of racing where i live, cricky, they dont half shift:eek:

There is a lot of racing in the area but none bigger than the CiCLE Classic this Sunday starting in Oakham, it's called the English equivalent of the Paris Roubaix, only I think ours is harder. Looking at the weekend forecast I think this is going to be tough, especially the off road sections which will just be mud. The American team won't know what hit them. I'm so glad I didn't organise a forum ride in April, but then I was daft enough to go on two of them, the last being a tad wet.
Fingers crossed for June and if anyone wants a guided tour before then give me a shout.

Janeyb

This sounds interesting. Not done a forum ride (or any group ride) before. Encouraging there are a few ladies attending so will talk to hubby and see if we can come along and join you.

Janeyb

Doh! Scrub that as just realised we are doing our first Audax that week so not sure my 40 something legs would manage a 50 miler with a 100k Audax a couple of days later. Especially as I've been off the bike for a while. Maybe another time.

Top Bottom