England : Rutland Rutland Ride Mon 4th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Sorry but I'm out too as my brother is coming down from Edinburgh and it would be rude to abandon him while I go out and play on my bike.

I'm definitely planning on a pootle around Rutland at some point though, maybe later in the summer.

Janeyb

If you can squeeze another couple in then myself n hubby would love to tag along. Will be good hill practice for me as I need all I can get.

Of course, no problem, and there is a fair chance we will encounter a few hills. Forum rides are notorious for having quite high drop out rates, usually around 20%. The rate of attrition is directly proportional to the number of times the word "hill" is used ^_^

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Pancake flat :whistle:

potsy

Rambler
'Flatt-ish' is a Colinj favourite
'Fixed friendly' when it's a Fossy-led ride
I like tubbycyclist's recent description of the Pendle ride 'contains mild traces of flatness' :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
'Flatt-ish' is a Colinj favourite
'Fixed friendly' when it's a Fossy-led ride
I like tubbycyclist's recent description of the Pendle ride 'contains mild traces of flatness' :biggrin:
I must have been on a different ride to you, don't recall any of those, I was on the one with " mild traces of mountains hills"
I've plotted the 'big sister' of that one but I'm going to be sensible and leave it until I'm fit enough to enjoy it - it is 110 km long with 2,000 m of ascent on a flattish, scenic, rolling, fixed unfriendly, picturesque route which I can't recall anybody offering up as a forum ride before!

I've texted Norry1 about this Rutland ride and am waiting to hear from him to see if he is able to give me a lift.

If Martin isn't coming and I have to travel by train, I'll cycle to Nuneaton to catch one arriving at 08:45 or 09:45. The 08:45 would mean an early start for me (06:00ish), but I could do that if you'd prefer it.

potsy

Rambler
I've plotted the 'big sister' of that one but I'm going to be sensible and leave it until I'm fit enough to enjoy it - it is 110 km long with 2,000 m of ascent on a flattish, scenic, rolling, fixed unfriendly, picturesque route which I can't recall anybody offering up as a forum ride before!
:ohmy:
I'll put it in my 2014 diary :thumbsup:

Top Bottom