1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryanair nonsense as ususl

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mort, 12 Jan 2018.

1. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I had to book a ticket at the last minute to go from Belgium to a funeral in Ireland. Even went as far as checking in, before realising I'd done it for next weekend instead of Sunday.

Went on the website to be greeted with a load of stuff about massive surcharges.

Put the change in with an explanation and got an email from them saying they would waive the charges, and the flights were free, with their sympathy, and we were in seats 1a and 1 b.

Not bloody bad for two times nowt.

2. OP
    OP
    Mort

Honourable mention to Liam from AerLingus, too, who sorted things out like a good 'un for the return flight.

3. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Not the best of reasons for having to travel, but well done RyanAir

Mrs M, Fnaar and Mort like this.
  4. Slick

Slick Veteran

Certainly not the best reason to be travelling but well done them. That's the first time I've heard of anyone getting a result especially after admitting it was their own fault.

5. OP
    OP
    Mort

It wasn't their fault though, definitely mine

Slick likes this.
  6. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

Perhaps you should consider a change for the thread title. Mort bollocks, as normal?

7. Adrian

At this point, I ought to explain that only yesterday I made a train journey on an advance ticket, where I had managed to get the start and finish the wrong way around but coincidentally a train started from each end at the same time.

8. OP
    OP
    Mort

This belongs in a quantum mechanics thread. Or this doesn't belong in a quantum mechanics thread.

9. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Miss Goodbody and I once started at opposite ends, but met in the middle. :okay:

10. Adrian

I am afraid that my story is way too prosaic and mundane to compete.

Fnaar and Mort like this.
  11. stephec

stephec Legendary Member

You can't beat a game of chess.

12. OP
    OP
    Mort

The worst of all this is you now have to put passport numbers on RyanAir flights and my kids have the rather lovely ones with the harp on. :sad:

13. irw

irw Quadricyclist

14. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this..........

On Christmas Eve the Skol family travelled into Manchester to take in the Pantomime (Oh yes we did!). Mrs Skol insisted we travelled by train so we could dine and drink after the performance and she also assured me the trains home were at good times so we didn't need to rush.
    I took charge of buying the train tickets from the automated machine at the start point, and then cursed violently when I realised I had succeeded in buying singles so we would have to buy another set of tickets to get back home again!@#*!
    When we arrived back at Manchester Victoria station for the return journey it was eerily quiet. It turned out Mrs Skol had totally cocked up the trains provision for Christmas Eve and while dining we had actually missed the last train, the last tram and the last bus! We ended up in a taxi, which cost a fair packet. Boy was I glad I hadn't wasted money buying return train tickets.... :whistle:

15. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

Blimey! Michael O'Leary must be seriously unwell.