Ryanair nonsense as ususl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5114523, member: 259"]I had to book a ticket at the last minute to go from Belgium to a funeral in Ireland. Even went as far as checking in, before realising I'd done it for next weekend instead of Sunday.

Went on the website to be greeted with a load of stuff about massive surcharges.

Put the change in with an explanation and got an email from them saying they would waive the charges, and the flights were free, with their sympathy, and we were in seats 1a and 1 b.

Not bloody bad for two times nowt.[/QUOTE]
Not the best of reasons for having to travel, but well done RyanAir

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
On Christmas Eve the Skol family travelled into Manchester to take in the Pantomime (Oh yes we did!). Mrs Skol insisted we travelled by train so we could dine and drink after the performance and she also assured me the trains home were at good times so we didn't need to rush.
I took charge of buying the train tickets from the automated machine at the start point, and then cursed violently when I realised I had succeeded in buying singles so we would have to buy another set of tickets to get back home again!@#*!
When we arrived back at Manchester Victoria station for the return journey it was eerily quiet. It turned out Mrs Skol had totally cocked up the trains provision for Christmas Eve and while dining we had actually missed the last train, the last tram and the last bus! We ended up in a taxi, which cost a fair packet. Boy was I glad I hadn't wasted money buying return train tickets.... :whistle:

swansonj

Guru
At this point, I ought to explain that only yesterday I made a train journey on an advance ticket, where I had managed to get the start and finish the wrong way around but coincidentally a train started from each end at the same time.

[QUOTE 5114547, member: 259"]This belongs in a quantum mechanics thread. Or this doesn't belong in a quantum mechanics thread.[/QUOTE]

@User259, you beat me to it, and @User , you want to be careful. A few years ago, @theclaud posted an innocent anecdote about Advance tickets and train times. I shamelessly filched her story, even down to the station and train time, riffed a whole treatise on quantum mechanics off the back of it, and got it published by the Institute of Physics. Unfortunately, it's still subscription-only, so you are spared my infantile sense of humour and dubious ethics.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
At this point, I ought to explain that only yesterday I made a train journey on an advance ticket, where I had managed to get the start and finish the wrong way around but coincidentally a train started from each end at the same time.
Schrödinger's train?

Top Bottom