S/S complete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Just finished building my Spa Audax mono and took it for a long for me ride (60miles) and very pleased with it I am, just such fun riding a lightweight single speed simple machine, it's a totally different riding experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_115806.jpg
    IMG_20220614_115806.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20220611_172756.jpg
    IMG_20220611_172756.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20220611_172736.jpg
    IMG_20220611_172736.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
That's lovely! A great colour, too.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Just finished building my Spar Audax mono and took it for a long for me ride (60miles) and very pleased with it I am, just such fun riding a lightweight single speed simple machine, it's a totally different riding experience.
I didn’t know SPAR sold bikes😂
That looks lovely.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
The joys of single speed nicely executed

I've never been into sportier bikes or riding fast, but this is a different approach to that style of riding, the need to read the road ahead and when needed give it all you've got for a short while to get over the incline then it's back to my more normal pace and very surprised just how much hill climbing can be done, we have some big hilly area's here so I keep away from there but lots of more undulating countryside too and that's my S/S playground, becoming a big fan of my Spa Mono.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Just finished building my Spa Audax mono and took it for a long for me ride (60miles) and very pleased with it I am, just such fun riding a lightweight single speed simple machine, it's a totally different riding experience.
@ren531 I am putting you on my ignore list ( your the only one) . I do not want to read any more about how great the Spa mono is and definitely no more pictures. :angry:…………….……………….:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

GuyBoden

Guru
Well done, very nice, looks great, the Mediterranean blue is a good looking colour.

It's a good price for the frame and 725 steel forks, currently £405 at Spa.

Tempting............
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m11b0s143p4602/SPA-CYCLES-Audax-Mono-Frameset

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
It's gone up a bit since I got mine back in February, at lot of other things kept getting in the way of my build, but it was fun doing it. I wanted a fast but comfortable all day rider that's also a bit different and a load of fun and it does all the above very well, I have also built a second 3 speed hub wheel for it as well but id better keep quiet about that on here it being S/S and fixed only :blush:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Well done, very nice, looks great, the Mediterranean blue is a good looking colour.

It's a good price for the frame and 725 steel forks, currently £405 at Spa.

Tempting............
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m11b0s143p4602/SPA-CYCLES-Audax-Mono-Frameset
Oh very funny Ha Ha @GuyBoden posting the Spa Mono link . Your another one on my ignore list .
I’m planning a visit to Spa cycles to test the Ti Elan , I will ask them to hide the Mono’s before I visit .

MyNameIsEarl

Hi, nice bike! could you please share your thoughts for how it rides? I'm thinking of getting one of these, but already have a nice Ti (Van Nicholas Aquilo) and a 725 steel bike (Genesis Equilibrium), so wondered how different it might be to those. Thanks!

Top Bottom