S works ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
If you don't like them, stay out of the ebike thread. Don't want your blood pressure rising now do we. There's a good chap

Go to see what you cheaters are up to from time to time ;@)

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Go to see what you cheaters are up to from time to time ;@)
Oh poor crankarm......i think someone is ankering after an ebike, but his over inflated ego wont allow it. Poor little man child

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Oh poor crankarm......i think someone is ankering after an ebike, but his over inflated ego wont allow it. Poor little man child
- yes he does seem to have an aversion to ebikes, doesn't he. I expect he's been overtaken by one recently. He is a PROPER cyclist after all!

Crankarm

Guru

Not in the slightest. I think E-bike bicycles are frankly pathetic and those that use them equally so. If you want a bicycle with a motor i.e. a motorcycle then take your motorcycle test and get a motorcycle license and buy a proper motorcycle which is what I have. E-bikers want it both ways, increased speed with reduced effort from themselves, but to use cycling facilities and to be taken seriously as cyclists. LoL. The lot of you need to man up. The only driver here is the market selling these things. But hopefully in the fullness of time regulations will inevitably come and they will be treated just like any other motorised vehicle - you shall have to take a test, your bike has to have an MOT and insurance, and you have to wear a proper motorcycle helmet and ideally protective CE clothing. Most importantly you will hopefully be banned from using existing cycling infrastructure as you do at the moment. At the moment with E-bikes it's bit like the Wild West or Wild East. Your time will come.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Not in the slightest. I think E-bike bicycles are frankly pathetic and those that use them equally so. If you want a bicycle with a motor i.e. a motorcycle then take your motorcycle test and get a motorcycle license and buy a proper motorcycle which is what I have. E-bikers want it both ways, increased speed with reduced effort from themselves, but to use cycling facilities and to be taken seriously as cyclists. LoL. The lot of you need to man up. The only driver here is the market selling these things. But hopefully in the fullness of time regulations will inevitably come and they will be treated just like any other motorised vehicle - you shall have to take a test, your bike has to have an MOT and insurance, and you have to wear a proper motorcycle helmet and ideally protective CE clothing. Most importantly you will hopefully be banned from using existing cycling infrastructure as you do at the moment. At the moment with E-bikes it's bit like the Wild West or Wild East. Your time will come.
what a load of absolute poppy cock and drivel..........regulations are already in place, you ill informed victorian half breed

OP
OP
J

jowwy

This probably falls foul of forum rules on name-calling, but it made me laugh.

My own previous post is probably ripe for moderation too, but frankly ICBA to engage with such nonsense - there's no point trying to argue rationally with someone so totally irrational.
so is calling me lazy and pathetic, but hes posted it many times without any removal of said comment

i thought it was funny too

rivers

How far can I go?

Just wow.... You haven't a clue, really. A majority of the e-bikes I see, are not unrestricted and are ridden by normal, every day people. There is an elderly lady I see nearly every morning cycling along the B2B railway path somewhere near the Bristol end, and then I see her in the afternoon near the Bath end, on an electric bike. I'm certain her e-bike allows her to make that journey nearly every day, and she would be unable to do it on a normal bike. My wife has an e-bike show she doesn't need to take the car into the city to teach her classes. She's a fitness instructor, and by having an e-bike it allows her to cycle between her classes, instead of having to take the car. And it also means we can go out on full day cycling adventures together covering 50+ miles. What e-bikes do is allow people who for whatever reason (age, terrain, fitness level) can't ride a non e-bike, get out on a bike and enjoy it. Even with electric assist, I can still power past my wife on everything except steep hills, and even then, I'm not that far behind.

D

Deleted member 23692

It's the first step towards machines taking over and pushing all the humans off the edge of this flat earth :rolleyes:

Top Bottom