S works ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Bit silly really. I can see the point of e-road e-bikes like the Gain (I'll be a proud owner in a few days after all), but e-road e-race-bikes? Especially if restricted. Maybe it's for a whole new e-road road-racing genre (wasn't there an e-bike Giro d'italia this year - all on Pinarellos?).
What I'd really like to see is an e-tourer - an assisted version of the drop bar touring bike.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Bit silly really. I can see the point of e-road e-bikes like the Gain (I'll be a proud owner in a few days after all), but e-road e-race-bikes? Especially if restricted. Maybe it's for a whole new e-road road-racing genre (wasn't there an e-bike Giro d'italia this year - all on Pinarellos?).
What I'd really like to see is an e-tourer - an assisted version of the drop bar touring bike.
Trek crossrip or a hard tail emtb can be converted into a great tourer

midlife

Guru
The last three letters are UCI and are a reference to cycling's governing body.

FUCI is an exercise in showing what it is possible to achieve if you design a road bike with the sole aim of going as fast as possible, rather than one that complies with antiquated rules regarding tube shapes, weights etc.

These bikes are experimental prototypes, not rideable and not destined for production, but no doubt some of the tech will eventually find its way to the shop floor.

Missed off the smiley in my first post :smile: .

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wonderful. I hate the design of most carbon bikes, there's no reason for them to copy the design of metal tubed frames. It's nice to see somebody start with a blank sheet of paper and use the material to its potential. I am never going to enter a UCI event so I don't care what the rules are. I doubt if my hybrid or my mixte meets UCI spec so why should my road bike?

But when will they move past the concept stage? I do like those daft looking tri bikes but a road bike in that style would be awesome.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It looks like something from the original series of battlestar galactica, do I get a cylon body suit and helmet to wear with it ?

By your command...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It would look much nicer (in my opinion) with any other brand name on it. I just can't get excited by anything with specialized on it - probably just because it's the brand that all the numptiesthat don't ride usually see as the "best", or that because I've been told "nice bike mate, what is it? A specialized?... No, it clearly has cube written on the side... I'm not willing to pay the extra £500 to get the same quality bike with that name on it... Maybe if it said "willier" (my opinion again) that would be different.

Anyway, yes, the bikes do look nice (I suppose).
Interesting, but that's not what Specialized want to convey. The S-Works alludes to the Lockheed aircraft skunk works division led by Kelly Johnson that were tasked to produce the best of the best regardless of cost. It produced the SR71 and U2 among others. Now the term is used to denote advanced technical projects.
I looks like they have dropped the Specialized name just calling it S-Works.

spiderman2

Über Member
It would look much nicer (in my opinion) with any other brand name on it. I just can't get excited by anything with specialized on it - probably just because it's the brand that all the numptiesthat don't ride usually see as the "best", or that because I've been told "nice bike mate, what is it? A specialized?... No, it clearly has cube written on the side... I'm not willing to pay the extra £500 to get the same quality bike with that name on it... Maybe if it said "willier" (my opinion again) that would be different.

Anyway, yes, the bikes do look nice (I suppose).

Nothing wrong with S- Works plenty in the TDF this year

Top Bottom