S-works frame or not???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
At a complete guess I would say no, the S-Works frames usually but not always have S-Works on the downtube.

Googling the SL3, 2010, I see no bikes like that one.

As said, this is guesswork!

OP
OP
Richard1537

Richard1537

Yeah you see I have the same thinking, I know the earlier SL S-works frames had specialized on the downtube but they had specialized where the Tarmac is on this one! And as you say if it's an SL3 then S-works should be on the downtube. Think I might pass on this one!!!

2011-specialized-road-bikes-weights-tarmac-sl3-pro-m2-red.jpg

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The bike shown above says tarmac on the top tube as its not an s-works that's why it also says tarmac on the chain stays.

The bike on eBay IMHO is not a S-Works SL3 as these stated S-works on the down tube. I think its a S-Works SL2 as at that time, S-Works was a specification, not a brand. The SL2 stated S-Works on the forks and rear chain stays like the eBay bike.
Specialized promotional pic of a SL2 is shown below

specialized_tarmac_sl2_bike_zoom.jpg

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Looking at the photos in the eBay auction, the top of the seat stays combine into one piece at the rear brake bridge, wasn't this the design just before the SL2 frame came out?

Good spot... :thumbsup: your right, the combo seat stays suggests it could even be pre-SL2 ..... Confirmed its defo not a SL3

Top Bottom