Sabbath AR-1 Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Yikes - I wouldn't risk leaving a lovely bike like that outside a shop, no matter how well it was locked up! :eek:

I use an £80 DIY singlespeed bike + A Big Heavy Lock for my shopping trips!
It’s an insured bike not an Irreplaceable priceless artefact :smile: which I bought to enjoy riding when I choose to ride it. My rides often involve shops on the way home or coffee or whatever. It came into Waitrose with me today but I couldn’t do any shopping so now I’ve got to go out again (on a £1500 bike with a rack!)

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It’s an insured bike not an Irreplaceable priceless artefact :smile: which I bought to enjoy riding when I choose to ride it.
Well, I suppose if you have very good insurance which will pay the full replacement value, why not.

I used to have mine insured on my domestic policy and I made a point of checking with the insurer that they wouldn't try to fob me off with a depreciated figure. (My bikes are quite old so not actually worth much, but I would want to replace them with something of the same spec/quality.)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Well, I suppose if you have very good insurance which will pay the full replacement value, why not.

I used to have mine insured on my domestic policy and I made a point of checking with the insurer that they wouldn't try to fob me off with a depreciated figure. (My bikes are quite old so not actually worth much, but I would want to replace them with something of the same spec/quality.)
I assume so as it's a named item at the price paid. Indeed, I've still to pay off the interest free CC for it

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Don’t think I can justify £100+ for titanium to go to the shops!

I'm currently debating whether to shell out for a Ti rack, but I'll only need to use it a few times a year, so can I justify £100 :wacko: But the Tubus Ti only weighs 230g & looks very streamline, I could leave it on, & maybe I'd use it a little more :blush:

pgamble

Regular
Hi Vickster

Only just seen thread. I’d given up looking for interest in Sabbath bikes since Spa bought. I had one of the last AR-1s sold before the sale. It was a small and exciting brand with a big following but sadly all but died after the sale. It’s lovely to see yours and to see you getting some of the excitement I did.

Mine was purchased from MountainTrax in Barkham in October 2015. I went crazy with the spec having been disappointed with a Felt Cross. I had 6800 Ultegra all round inc RS685 hydraulic brakes, Hope4 red hubs, RT86 Icetech 160mm disks, Prologo Spark 2 saddle, ProLT stem, handlebars and tape, Stans NoTubes ZTR Grail rims, continental travel contact 37c tyres, Hope red QR levers, Kinesis CXD tapered fork and Shimano XT MX8000 SPDs.

Was £3700 all in back then. Done many awesome miles and have hit 44.6 MPH on a local downhill stretch. Very stable.

Hope you continue to enjoy.

Paul

Top Bottom