Sabbath AR-1 Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
People who I know who have Sabbath bikes rate them very highly. And that one looks pretty smart.
What is good about that frame is that it has a replaceable rear mech hanger which you don't usually get on Ti bikes.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks. Price is good at £1200 for frameset too :smile: and takes rack and guards

Shame only available at Spa right now and I’ve not really got time to head up there

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i used to own a sabbath aspire as you know, it was such a lovely bike to ride and i only replaced it as i wanted disc brakes

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thanks. Price is good at £1200 for frameset too :smile: and takes rack and guards

Shame only available at Spa right now and I’ve not really got time to head up there

Spa own Sabbath so unless they appoint dealers it will be Harrogate or no gate.

I'm sure the bike shop at the top of Box Hill had a couple of Spa brand bikes on its website, so they may have/be able to get a Sabbath.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Spa own Sabbath so unless they appoint dealers it will be Harrogate or no gate.

I'm sure the bike shop at the top of Box Hill had a couple of Spa brand bikes on its website, so they may have/be able to get a Sabbath.
Not quite so from my discussion with Fatbirds a couple of weeks ago who have been approached to start selling Sabbath again :smile:

Apparently I can get to Harrogate for about £50 on Monday which I have off. Need to call and see if they still have the demo

Siclo

Veteran
I've posted about mine before, can't fault it, it puts a smile on my face every time I throw a leg over it. Its currently got 35's on and there's definelty room for full muds.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I've posted about mine before, can't fault it, it puts a smile on my face every time I throw a leg over it. Its currently got 35's on and there's definelty room for full muds.
Does it have QR or thru axles?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not quite so from my discussion with Fatbirds a couple of weeks ago who have been approached to start selling Sabbath again :smile:

Apparently I can get to Harrogate for about £50 on Monday which I have off. Need to call and see if they still have the demo

Spa is very close to Starbeck railway station, which is presumably on a branch line from Harrogate.

The immediate environs are less then exciting, the 'shop' is on an industrial estate and Starbeck High Street is takeaway alley.

Good news is Spa allow decent length test rides, and the very agreeable cycle path to Ripley can be picked up nearby.

Siclo

Veteran
Does it have QR or thru axles?

QR, I'm not sold on thru-axles, I can see the benefits from a performance point of view but the industry needs to settle on a standard first, at least three different pitch gauges on the thread before you get to the length, although that does seem to have settled. I've heard a few horror stories about cross threaded axles and know of who someone who managed to cream-cracker a frame by using the wrong pitch.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Spa is very close to Starbeck railway station, which is presumably on a branch line from Harrogate.

The immediate environs are less then exciting, the 'shop' is on an industrial estate and Starbeck High Street is takeaway alley.

Good news is Spa allow decent length test rides, and the very agreeable cycle path to Ripley can be picked up nearby.
Yeah I went there last year to look at the Elan. It’s reachable from Harrogate and Leeds (or York but leeds Trains cheaper from London)

Siclo

Veteran

Not sure what the set up is now but I had the demo model for several days, fitting my own saddle and stem in the process, it was in a helluva state from thrashing around muddy bridleways when I took it back to the LBS.

Venod

Eh up
It’s totally out of date. 2010 website!

Ha, I didn't check that, just saw the contact was Spa's address, and assumed it was up to date, I don't think Spa owned Sabbeth in 2010, probably just altered bits of the website to suit, some of the feedback is from 2015, 2010 was probably when the website was designed, the first feedback report mentions getting a September Disc Bike from Edwardes Cycles in London in 2015, this could have been before Spa took over.

Top Bottom