Sabbath AR-1 Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I meant in functional/design terms, mainly - I'd read your comments on Spa's finish previously
Dunno. I’m not particularly interested and certainly not knowledgeable about such things. With bikes I go on how they feel when ridden (especially how my knackered joints feel) and looks. In the case of the Sabbath the fact that it’ll take a rack and mudguards , a range of tyre widths and the price compared to the likes of Enigma

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
OK no worries, I'll have a squint at the frame geos when I get a moment and pretend to be more knowledgeable than I am ^_^
The Sabbath website is pretty out of date and Spa don’t have the geo on their website, so you’d be best to call and check there’s been no change
I’m not sure geo charts tell me what I need to know. On paper, the van Nic Yukon looked right for me but killed my knee and wasn’t comfortable at all. I gave it a hundred miles then sold it on!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The Sabbath website is pretty out of date and Spa don’t have the geo on their website, so you’d be best to call and check there’s been no change
I’m not sure geo charts tell me what I need to know. On paper, the van Nic Yukon looked right for me but killed my knee and wasn’t comfortable at all. I gave it a hundred miles then sold it on!
I agree, it's only one part of the equation, and I guess that Ti, because of the more limited range of tubing (and non-butting in the main too, perhaps?) gives the builder less ability to manage frame flex than steel.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I agree, it's only one part of the equation, and I guess that Ti, because of the more limited range of tubing (and non-butting in the main too, perhaps?) gives the builder less ability to manage frame flex than steel.
It wasn’t the feel of the frame when riding but there was something in the geo that wasn’t right and with my limited set up skills I couldn’t resolve it. Didn’t want to spend £100 on a fit when I simply wasn’t sure it would ever be right

The Guillem Orient looks and feels great and is comfortable but lack of rack mounts, the need to swap out the standard fork to get one that will take a mudguard, pressfit B.B. and a pretty hefty price tag of nearly £2k for the frameset put me off

alicat

Legendary Member
Have fun.

Been through Starbeck lots of times on way to Knaresborough. Never been to Spa even though family don't live far away.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Have fun.

Been through Starbeck lots of times on way to Knaresborough. Never been to Spa even though family don't live far away.
I went there last year and tried the Elan. Don’t think they had the AR1 at that point

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmm the BBC reckons 30% chance of light rain in Harrogate at midday...fingers crossed (esp as it's lovely weather in London)

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hmm the BBC reckons 30% chance of light rain in Harrogate at midday...fingers crossed (esp as it's lovely weather in London)
Hope you get decent weather, today is the first time in days that we've seen the sun at home, the east coast has been misty all week, but clear 1/2 mile inland some days :blush:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Despite the weather, I had quite a few good rides up and down the industrial estate. Spa are going to put a quote together, they don’t stock SRAM so will see what they come back with. They’re not averse to me ordering the groupset and getting delivered to Harrogate

Long chat with the wheel builder, they’ll quote for Kinlin rims and Novatech hubs

Last edited:
Top Bottom