Sabbath AR-1 Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Despite the weather, I had quite a few good rides up and down the industrial estate. Spa are going to put a quote together, they don’t stock SRAM so will see what they come back with. They’re not averse to me ordering the groupset and getting delivered to Harrogate

Long chat with the wheel builder, they’ll quote for Kinlin rims and Novatech hubs

I'm guessing you quite liked it then :smile: I'm in a position to make a decision & order mine now, how does it compare with Enigma?
The weather wasn't as bad as forecast here, fairly dry cycling into work, & dry home until I had 3 miles to go, then soaked :sad:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm guessing you quite liked it then :smile: I'm in a position to make a decision & order mine now, how does it compare with Enigma?
The weather wasn't as bad as forecast here, fairly dry cycling into work, & dry home until I had 3 miles to go, then soaked :sad:
It’s really hard to compare to be honest, it’ll end up being 1-1.5k cheaper than an Enigma which has swung it. I can justify 2-2.5k but not 3.5k. Definitely go have a look as you’re fairly local

Soltydog

Legendary Member
It’s really hard to compare to be honest, it’ll end up being 1-1.5k cheaper than an Enigma which has swung it. I can justify 2-2.5k but not 3.5k. Definitely go have a look as you’re fairly local

Reckon for the spec I want the Enigma will be over 4k :blush: Not sure Spa will be able to customise to my spec & sizing, but certainly worth a phone call & visit :okay:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The XL is said to fit up to 6’6

I could afford 4K but not justify it

I don't have to justify it ^_^ although to be fair I've nearly done 4k miles this year, so that's only a pound a mile :okay: It'll be my once in a lifetime bike, so don't really want to compromise on my requirements. Does the AR-1 have rear rack mounts? Isn't clear on web & spec doesn't mention it

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't have to justify it ^_^ although to be fair I've nearly done 4k miles this year, so that's only a pound a mile :okay: It'll be my once in a lifetime bike, so don't really want to compromise on my requirements. Does the AR-1 have rear rack mounts? Isn't clear on web & spec doesn't mention it
Yes and would take 32mm tyres with guards

The Enigma Etape has rack mounts too I think. The Guillem not

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Yes and would take 32mm tyres with guards

The Enigma Etape has rack mounts too I think. The Guillem not

Cheers, the Etape does have rack mounts, not sure about the Guillem, not currently on the shortlist, I doubt I'll ever go above 28mm tyres, so most of the options with guards will be fine for me :okay:
Might get chance to pop over to Spa end of next week, didn't make it other week due to train guards strike, so I'll have a chat & see what they can do :smile: I might order mine before you yet :laugh:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
AR1 specced, paying deposit tomorrow. Should have in around 2 weeks :bravo:

Top Bottom