Sabbath AR-1 Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
No thoughts on going flat bar, rather than drops??
Nope. I can’t with my shoulder. All my bikes have drops now. Drops better in traffic for filtering too I find

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Nope. I can’t with my shoulder. All my bikes have drops now. Drops better in traffic for filtering too I find
Don't agree on the filtering, but if your shoulder is an issue I can see why you chose drop bar.......but surely your shoulder would have the same issues riding on the tops with cross levers???

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't agree on the filtering, but if your shoulder is an issue I can see why you chose drop bar.......but surely your shoulder would have the same issues riding on the tops with cross levers???
Nope. I only ride on the tops to break and my bars are narrow at 40cm. Flat bars are generally much wider. I prefer drops for longer rides, you prefer flats maybe?

I’m also female with crap spatial awareness hence my preference for drops in traffic (I pretty much always ride on roads in traffic)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Nope. I only ride on the tops to break and my bars are narrow at 40cm. Flat bars are generally much wider. I prefer drops for longer rides, you prefer flats maybe?

I’m also female with crap spatial awareness hence my preference for drops in traffic (I pretty much always ride on roads in traffic)
I ride both styles.......flats and drops, I prefer the control of flat bars over rough ground, but drops for group riding.

In traffic they are both the same for me

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I don’t do rough other than potholes, nor groups. Just prefer drop bars (well hoods and a flipped stem work for me)

Venod

Eh up
Spyres work well

I have 2 bikes with Spyres, the best of the cable operated disc calipers IMO.

I have had

Promax,= worst I have used
Avid road BB5 = not as good as Avid 7
Avid road BB7 = OK but not as good as Spyre, but I ran some MTB BB7 cable calipers with flat bar levers these were noticeably better than the road ones, could be the levers that made the difference.

Siclo

Veteran
I don’t do rough other than potholes, nor groups. Just prefer drop bars (well hoods and a flipped stem work for me)

You say you don't do rough but I'd strongly recommend you take the AR-1 off road, nothing gnarly but the bike just eats un-surfaced roads, forest tracks and towpaths, it's opened up a massive number of alternative routes for me and I have to make a conscious effort to slow down on the NCN and TPT around Manc, guaranteed miles of smiles.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Spyres work well, easy to adjust and avoid rotor rub. Replacing cables no harder than rim brakes. Good choice.

You must be excited, new shiny bike time
Yep I’ve already had the BB5 on the Boardman changed to Spyres so I know what I’m getting

Siclo

Veteran
Reckon for the spec I want the Enigma will be over 4k :blush: Not sure Spa will be able to customise to my spec & sizing, but certainly worth a phone call & visit :okay:

If it helps I reckon the size guide on the Sabbath site isn't far out, I'm 5' 11'' (just) with a 33" inside leg and am riding a medium frame with a 120mm stem and a lot of layback, a feature on all my bikes.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If it helps I reckon the size guide on the Sabbath site isn't far out, I'm 5' 11'' (just) with a 33" inside leg and am riding a medium frame with a 120mm stem and a lot of layback, a feature on all my bikes.
Called at Spa today & the largest frame is a bit on the small size for me, would be very saddle high & could probably manage with an angled stem, but I'd rather frame size be right & not be making do :okay: The Sabbath & Spa's own both looked good value for money & would be a good starting point for anyone wanting Ti :smile:

Serge

Über Member
Weeelllll it's finally ordered...only a year of dithering over which to get. Happy with the price, at around £2.3k, probably around £1.5k less than an Enigma or Guillem would have been for same spec
Oooh! Another bike to vicariously look forward to, can't wait! Make sure we get lots of piccys!

Top Bottom