Sabbath September or Van Nicholas Yukon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sure
But I guess it's the ultimate bike I don't think I have to buy again after that.
Can't find any 2nd hand though any clues.

That's fair enough.
But to be honest for a bike that I wouldn't have to buy again after, I wouldn't go second hand but down the hand built route. But that's just me being snobby.

robgul

Legendary Member
I was looking for a "conventional tourer" (as in horizontal/almost horizontal top tube) and the Yukon came out as the only choice ... good price for F&F from Fatbirds And for a complete machine) ... I was going to recycle most of the parts from my Galaxy.

None of the other Ti products mentioned here matched the Yukon for price, quality, appearance of function, in my view.

However, the project is temporarily shelved as I found it too much of a wrench to stop riding the Galaxy ...

Rob

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
Understood but I don't have £40.00 to throw at it. Unless you have inside info but someone cheaper

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
Thanks Rob
Spoke with Fat birds I found them very helpful as opposed to money grabbers.
If I can do a deal with them. They'd be my choice to buy from.

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
That kinda puts me back with VN as they're the only ones offering it.
In fairness though does it hold water.
Anyone can make that claim.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I used fatbirds to buy my ti, easy to deal with and quick delivery too.

tigger

Über Member
What kind of riding are you going to do with it?

toontra

Veteran
I bought my Yukon from Fat Birds in 2007 and got a great deal. For me it really has been a pleasure to ride and has seen big mileages in all conditions. Whilst I haven't had need of the lifetime warranty, I'm glad it's there.

I have friends who are always buying new frames in search of their perfect bike. Since I got the Yukon I don't have that problem. Money very well spent!

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
Hi Tigga
I hope in the future to ride to work as its quite hilly I thought the rohloff might be a good idea. However I'm not keen on the grip shifters
But to answer your question it'll mainly be used for weekend casual riding and hopefully work commuting.

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
Thanks Tigga
I like your opinion on this
Fat birds are selling VN YUKON with Ultegra £2399 or yukon with rohloff £2900 I like both but which would you go with regardless whether the usage would justify having either bike.

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
I am getting really confused which to plump for. As the differential is only £500 quid

Top Bottom