Sad ... but funny too

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The problems cyclists as a group face are nothing compared to the groups you mention. We are just people of different genders, religions, colours, sexualities who choose to ride bikes.

I don't want to belittle the real problems of racicsm, homophobia and all the rest which do lead to harrassment, injury and death, but it is worth noting that it is deemed perfectly OK for so say journalists to call for the murder of cyclists, and many of us here have been deliberately driven at, in one case someone on here was seriously injured. Such assaults are often trivialised as merely motoring offences. Of the hundred or so cycling deaths each year it wouldn't be a big leap to suggest a number of them were in fact
murder.

Juliansou

I think in fairness it was supposed to be a light hearted ‘throw away’ comment (interesting to know if it was written by someone who rides a bike or not?). My issue is that this tends to enter the public psyche, even if on a subconscious level, which is not helpful.

I don't want to belittle the real problems of racicsm, homophobia and all the rest which do lead to harrassment, injury and death, but it is worth noting that it is deemed perfectly OK for so say journalists to call for the murder of cyclists, and many of us here have been deliberately driven at, in one case someone on here was seriously injured. Such assaults are often trivialised as merely motoring offences. Of the hundred or so cycling deaths each year it wouldn't be a big leap to suggest a number of them were in fact
murder.

I agree about the terrible attitudes of some people towards cyclists.

And I still have no problem with people making jokes about cyclists, including insulting jokes.

Bit of a generalisation. I get close passed and have my safety and life put in danger because im a cyclist, not because I'm Jewish.

Of course it's a generalisation.

Motorists are equal opportunities offenders. Generally they don't mind who they endanger; cyclists, pedestrians, other motorists, pavement users, schoolkids, the atmosphere.

Another generalisation. :whistle:

No. Jeremy Clarkson.

I'd thought it quite a good and pointed bit of satire, but you've spoilt it for me now
Sorry...
There's always contrary evidence!

Top Bottom