Sad Day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
@pawl, I know it's a difficult time to think about it but...time for a new puppy? Your heartache is twofold - firstly you're mourning for an old friend that was always there for you, but the other subconscious part is upset at the big gap that's suddenly appeared in your life.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't just miss my last Jack Russell,i miss other people's dogs as well. I was only saying to somebody last night how certain songs/records remind me of years and times in my life. It's the same with dogs. For example the three legged dog that ran at you as you walked past a farm,in the 1960's. Then there was the pub dog down my local in the early 1990's that had a trick of going for it's nightly bag of crisps from behind the bar. Then there was 'Foxy' about 20 years ago. She was called that because her face was similar to that of a fox. She was one of about 4 or 5 dogs that a woman i know used to take for a walk/ride on her mobility scooter. I was only talking to the same woman the other day,reminiscing about Foxy and her other dogs. Happy days and good memories but tainted by their inevitable departure. I have an old black and white photo here in my living room of our first Corgi(Shandy),who was bought before i was born and died 50 years ago this month. My grandma had it coloured in years ago. I look at that picture and think about the times we had with her when we were children,although she wasn't very child friendly and used to nip us if we annoyed her.:laugh:

Mrs M

Guru
Thanks everyone for your responses.We did consider another puppy but it Is quite likely it would out live me.
Greyhound trust?
Just a thought, lots of lovely dogs looking for a good home.
A former colleague is a greyhound fosterer, lovely calm, gentle animals, a bit lazy and all ages too.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thanks everyone for your responses.We did consider another puppy but it Is quite likely it would out live me.
People tend to sat that when i ask "will you get another dog"?,after their dog has died. It wouldn't be a major concern to me. If they give you pleasure that's a lot to consider. If they do outlive you there's always a friend,relative or a dogs home that'll take them in. I live alone with my dog. I could pop off any day,just like anyone else could. I haven't made plans for him if that was to happen. I just hope he'd be found and someone would take him in.

Top Bottom