Sad news if you ever played D&D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
red_tom said:
Yeah, all the cute girls hang out in potholes.

well, they looked OK in the dark:blush::biggrin:

red_tom

We didn't need them. We had stuff like this.

random_harlot_table.jpg

papercorn2000

Smokin Joe said:
D&D players always seem like the type who one day walk into a school or supermarket with an AK47 and kill a couple of dozen people before commiting suicide.

Do you know how difficult it is to get an AK47 in Lanarkshire - when you are 16? A pointed stick really doesn't have the same dramatic effect...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
If I remember we were still able to smoke and drink beer while playing D&D and even some girls played it too!
I think they were girls? Girls smell nice and have lumps in their jumpers don't they?
:blush:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
red_tom said:
We didn't need them. We had stuff like this.

random_harlot_table.jpg
Isn't that from the Met Police training manual?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Smokin Joe said:
D&D players always seem like the type who one day walk into a school or supermarket with an AK47 and kill a couple of dozen people before commiting suicide.

If you're implying that there is some kind of causal link between playing Role-Playing Games and spree killing, you'd be wrong, whatever the Daily Mail types used to think. Fantasies of all kinds attract people for different reasons - some just are very intelligent with rather more imagination than the average joe, but a few are genuinely troubled and looking for an escape, so you'd not be wrong that RPGs can attract slightly damaged people.

I knew one person like this, who ended up flipping, believing he had special powers and trying to stab a taxi driver. However his Dad used to beat the crap out of him on a regular basis long before he started playing games and we all recognised him as odd. Everyone else I knew who played in that group has turned out entirely 'normal' - bankers, academics, a games designer...

papercorn2000

Listen Monkey, it's not TOO hard getting an AK47 when you know how. Ever heard of people going mental in university departments? It can be arranged (although I wouldn't be committing suicide, I'd rely on my Cloak of Invisibility)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
papercorn2000 said:
Listen Monkey, it's not TOO hard getting an AK47 when you know how. Ever heard of people going mental in university departments? It can be arranged (although I wouldn't be committing suicide, I'd rely on my Cloak of Invisibility)

Are you Harry Potter or what?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And another thing, I bet if you went on a clubrun with a load of D&Ders they'd all be riding steel frames built by some obscure shop with a name like Sidebottom who went out of business in 1957. And they'd lure you into a secluded wood and break your carbon frame into pieces and bludgen you to death with a Chater-Lee chainset.

Bankers and academics my arse, they just sit in their bedrooms all day fantasizing about suicide and sending their mum's out to buy them McDonalds.

I know, I've done a research paper on this.

Top Bottom