Sad that the NOWZAD/The Ark, save the animals thread has been moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sad because i have 'insufficient privileges' to post in the thread now, as it's been politicised. The thread was started in good faith (not by me) about the desperate animals and the staff caring for them and unfortunately has been hijacked by those who have loads of threads in the politics section to vent their spleen about the usual stuff, but no that isn't enough. They had to change the subject of animal welfare into an immigration thread and force the mods to move it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't posted one comment about the rights and wrongs of those escaping the Taliban coming here! I've kept to the subject. I've been following the reports about the animals and staff and believe me it's very upsetting! Those who've hijacked the thread haven't once mentioned the plight of the 170 or so animals or mentioned the staff trying to save them and themselves. No, they don't give a toss about them! They just thought they'd turn a non political thread into another 'We know best,so keep out' thread!

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
Where is this politics thread just out of interest?

Don't particularly want to read it, NACA gets bad enough sometimes but be interesting to know where it is.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
My contributions to NACA have significantly reduced. A lot of threads start with decent intentions but often wonder off on to the same old stuff, rehashed over and over again and the contributions often turn outright nasty and borderline abusive. It is a pity, but it's best to walk away when in that state...

Don't worry about animals too much they'll be just fine when mother earth finally shrugs off the human parasites.
Except we will take them all with us! if any last that long

My contributions to NACA have significantly reduced. A lot of threads start with decent intentions but often wonder off on to the same old stuff, rehashed over and over again and the contributions often turn outright nasty and borderline abusive. It is a pity, but it's best to walk away when in that state...
Quite. Clearly also lots of games are played with reporting behind the scenes as well. I've also seen some quite outrageous silencing. So sod all to be learned.

Venod

Eh up
We don't have a politics section, that was shut down and a lot of good posters lost, because people who invariably didn't contribute complained about reading it, all they had to do was stop reading it.
The post this thread is about has been moved to News and Current Affairs which is a fair description of the threads content, the original poster may not have wanted it in that section though.
Why can't people still contribute to the thread in that section ? is is it a self imposed ban or are they banned for some reason ?
I rarely know (unless I start the thread) what section the post I am reading is in, I just look at new posts and read what takes my interest

I very rarely venture there, but when I do peek through the window it seems to be same people arguing amongst themselves.
They almost enjoy trying to wind each other up.
:smile: - there was a certain other place not unconnected with cycling where I came to think that many of the folk wouldn't be happy until they were arguing in a room with themselves. Shades of that in our very own pit - folk shouted down, reporting games, folk getting other folk hacked out of what they see as "their" thread. Certain folk clearly pandered to by folk in and out of authority. Next thing of course they shout to the ether asking where everyone is, are they too scared/dumb to take them on?

For they need a regular supply of folk willing to wander in for them to chew on.

Denied this, I think many will need to find some other past-time.

I gather many folk recommend cycling. Wonder if it will catch on?

I haven't posted one comment about the rights and wrongs of those escaping the Taliban coming here! I've kept to the subject. I've been following the reports about the animals and staff and believe me it's very upsetting! Those who've hijacked the thread haven't once mentioned the plight of the 170 or so animals or mentioned the staff trying to save them and themselves. No, they don't give a toss about them! They just thought they'd turn a non political thread into another 'We know best,so keep out' thread!

That section of the forum has been allowed to become an embarrassing echo chamber and political propaganda platform for a select group of posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom