Saddle adjustment thingy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_001122.jpg
    IMG_20200202_001122.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200202_001033.jpg
    IMG_20200202_001033.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 19

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Are you sure they didn't mean Torque Wrench ?

Reactions: C R

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You could use a multi tool or a regular Allen key as long as you are careful. I should contact your supplying dealer to confirm.

Reactions: C R

boydj

Legendary Member
If you have a carbon frame, then a decent torque wrench is worth having, e.g. https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-x-tools-essential-torque-wrench-set/ . Make sure it is cycling specific.

As Fossy says above, though, you can tighten without a torque wrench as long as you don't use brute force. Tight enough to stop things moving and no more. If you have a carbon seat-post, then applying some carbon paste means you can get away with a little less torque.

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Seems strange, two practically identical fixings in similar materials with different torque settings.
I mean 7nm is 40% higher than 5nm!

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi guys

Me again! is this what I should be using:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-x-tools-essential-torque-wrench-set/

one of my bikes is 5nm and the other is 7nm. Can I just double check because I’m not entirely sure – when it says 7nm for example, do you set the torque wrench to 7nm and twist until it stops – is that how these things work?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_001033.jpg
    IMG_20200202_001033.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200202_001122.jpg
    IMG_20200202_001122.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 6

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It will click (like a ratchet) and not tighten any further, when it reaches the correct torque - as per your setting

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go under. I'd set a little under. I've got the Planet X one.

You'll probably stop before the torque setting kicks in, but that does depend upon your mechanical sympathy.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Go under. I'd set a little under. I've got the Planet X one.

You'll probably stop before the torque setting kicks in, but that does depend upon your mechanical sympathy.

Thanks. If possible - could you send me a link for the one you have from Planet X - thanks

Top Bottom