Saddle Angle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will be interested to see how you get on with the Selle SMP. I fitted one to my Cube last year and whilst it was pretty comfortable to sit on, no matter what position I put it in, it killed my knee on all 5 or so rides I used it on. My knee has never quite been the same since!
I wonder if you mounted the saddle in the same place on its rails as your previous saddles -- which would mean it was too far back. The alternative is to fit a zero layback i.e. straight seatpost. All on Steve Hogg's website.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They may not look comfortable but once positioned correctly they're excellent (at least for me, but also for the handful of other people I know who've spent time tweaking to get them just right). They are sensitive to being positioned optimally for the rider thoug

Agree 100%. It took a while to get right, but once sorted I now won't use any other saddle. They are so very comfortable.

Agree 100%. It took a while to get right, but once sorted I now won't use any other saddle. They are so very comfortable.
Same here. It took a while because the model that suits me best is not cheap, but I now have it on all 3 road bikes and the S-type Brompton (which I've managed to set up in almost the same fit/position as my touring bike). I won't consider any other saddle now. But it did take a while to dial in the position just right. Because when it's not "just right", it feels horribly wrong.

gavgav

Guru
I wonder if you mounted the saddle in the same place on its rails as your previous saddles -- which would mean it was too far back. The alternative is to fit a zero layback i.e. straight seatpost. All on Steve Hogg's website.
Possibly, but I did try moving it forwards and backwards, up and down, etc, and it just killed from about 15 miles onwards. Could just have been co-incidence that the knee pain started then, but going back to my Specialized sorted the knee for the most part. Still have weeks where it will start hurting again though. Probably should get it checked out but I'm not a fan of going to the GP!

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Extended my morning commute to 14 miles yesterday, and started feeling a bit more comfortable. Ride home and back in today were OK too. I think the nose needs to drop a tiny bit, but this will have to be an at home adjustment as the saddle clamp arrangement on the Boardman does not allow for a straightforward quick change at the roadside.

Top Bottom