Saddle Bag Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I've used basic led rear lights. Taken the backs off and drilled 4 holes into the back plate and then used zip ties to attach to the saddle bag.
Does your saddle bag have fabric strap for a light? Photo might help.

SGG on a bike

Basic cateye Omni lights (and other Cateyes too probably) come with a clip that can go onto (eg) jersey pockets, so if your saddle bag has an appropriate loop this is an option (and pretty cheap too).

This Is what I do with mine, although I do have a Cat Eye mount attached to the rear of the rack on the mtb and on the seat post on the road bike for when the saddle bag isn't fitted.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
I've used basic led rear lights. Taken the backs off and drilled 4 holes into the back plate and then used zip ties to attach to the saddle bag.
Does your saddle bag have fabric strap for a light? Photo might help.

Yes it has a fabric strap for a light. I don't have a pic at the moment.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Bear in mind you still need a light attached to the bike for legality. Mind you, not many people have pedal reflectors or the red rear reflector...

simongt

Guru
Still using a years old Cateye battery lamp, although I had to superglue a wee length of strap onto my Oxford rack bag as it didn't have a lamp mount strap already fitted.

Basic cateye Omni lights (and other Cateyes too probably) come with a clip that can go onto (eg) jersey pockets, so if your saddle bag has an appropriate loop this is an option (and pretty cheap too).
yes this - I'd put a small zip tie through the cateye clip though - you will need to make a hole through the prong that doesn't have a hole - I drill one with a dremel.

Top Bottom