Saddle bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got a Specialized one about 20x8x14 cm that also has an expander zip section that adds 40 cm to height, velcros to saddle rails and seat post, bin good for a few years.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I use a Topeak Aero Wedge (see link) which easily holds two tubes, numerous multi tools, and levers as well as a couple of gels and a little mesh part inside for some change- and that's before I unzip the extender.
One thing I've not done though is got a pump in there yet as mine is too big- may be something worth considering if you don't want it in your jersey.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Does the topeak fit nice and secure and is it better than the clip on ones?
The saddle bag i had before was a halfords and the straps were a b****r to put on and it was always loose.
I'm off to work now so i wont be able to read your replies until i get home later.
Cheers :thumbsup:

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I just bought a Topeak Aero Wedge Medium from Halfords for under a tenner. I had both the large and medium ordered to store to check them out. Went for the medium as the large is LARGE!

I have the large Topeak and find it easy to put on and take off. It doesn't move when riding. As said earlier it is LARGE and if your seat is not very high you may have trouble fitting the bottom strap to your seat post. Probably best to go to a shop and try a couple for size.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Have a toppeak aero wedge, had it for yonks however recently the strap for the seatpost rubbed through my shorts inside leg. Thus I now chuck everything in my back pocket. I dare say I could or should of cut the long velcro strap as thats what did it.

D

Deleted member 23692

Topeak Aero Wedge (medium here too... clip on version for me though, so I can easily swap it between bikes

Kies

Medium topeak saddle bags on both bikes. Each one contains p******* basics, plus phone and cash. I hate stuffing things into my jersey pockets

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I use this:
20140519-Vivente-saddlebag.jpg

It holds quite a lot: 2 spare tubes, 2 tyre levers, mini-pump, mini multi-tool, some cable ties, a chain quick-link, 2 citrus hand wipes and a tyre boot.

dave_79

Another Topeak Aero Wedge fan here - medium is fine for spare tube, tyre levers, small multi-tool, phone, keys and loose change (mesh pocket behind zip is great for this). Stuffing the above along with a pump etc into jersey pockets would drive me mad - don't get why people do this. Mini pump attaches to frame no problem. The best thing is since having quick release wheels I no longer have to carry the multi-spanner, so I have even more room. Oh and you can clip a light onto the loop on the bag

Top Bottom