Saddle Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Saddle bag recommendations ? I’ve had various but they secure round the seat post.as well as rails . However there are some now that just secure round the rails of the saddle . Anyone got one ? Only needs to hold some spares.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Opposite end of the bike but I recently purchased one of these. Delighted with it so far. My use is for long days out when I want to carry a few extra bits and pieces without stuffing more in my pockets. Ordered on a Sunday night and received at 11.00am the following Wednesday.........from Los Angeles!

Lead Out Mini Handlebar Bag

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have a Lezyne bag very similar to the above. It's superb. The best saddlebag I've ever had.

Mine fixes with Velcro straps which makes it quick and easy to swap bikes. It has an additional zipped compartment on the bottom which is the perfect size for an inner tube. It's not entirely waterproof but the closest I've found to date

Lovacott

Über Member
I use a saddle bag for a spare tube, tyre levers, multi tool and dumbell spanner.

If you don't want to velcro fix around the seat post, pop a couple of extra slots in the top of the bag near the front to fully support it by the saddle mount. You can either use zip ties or velcro computer cable tidies.

(BTW, zip ties are an essential cycling accessory)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have a Lezyne bag very similar to the above. It's superb. The best saddlebag I've ever had.

Mine fixes with Velcro straps which makes it quick and easy to swap bikes. It has an additional zipped compartment on the bottom which is the perfect size for an inner tube. It's not entirely waterproof but the closest I've found to date
i use this method as i find the velcro around the post can rub on my shorts causing premature wear

Lovacott

Über Member
i use this method as i find the velcro around the post can rub on my shorts causing premature wear
The velcro seatpost straps are always about three inches too long so the loose end will rub.

Simple solution is to trim off the excess.

Reactions: mjr

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Opposite end of the bike but I recently purchased one of these. Delighted with it so far. My use is for long days out when I want to carry a few extra bits and pieces without stuffing more in my pockets. Ordered on a Sunday night and received at 11.00am the following Wednesday.........from Los Angeles!

Lead Out Mini Handlebar Bag

View attachment 591070

This is the way forward. No fanny packs please!

Got mine from Detour in the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom