Saddle Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
My preference is for rackbags. Hold plenty, only issue is that they prevent any lamps being mounted on the seat pin. But then, any decent rackbag should have a tab to fit same anyway - ! :laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My preference is for rackbags. Hold plenty, only issue is that they prevent any lamps being mounted on the seat pin. But then, any decent rackbag should have a tab to fit same anyway - ! :laugh:
Any decent rack has a light mount.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Cyckit aeroclam come in a few sizes now, worth considering. Ive got a couple and I'm very happy with them, had them a few years now :okay:

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I have two supposedly decent saddle bags but did not got on with either of them. They jiggle about and it is a right pain getting things in and out. Swapped to a frame bag and they are so much better. Worth spending a big extra to get one that is well put together.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Saddle bag recommendations ? I’ve had various but they secure round the seat post.as well as rails . However there are some now that just secure round the rails of the saddle . Anyone got one ? Only needs to hold some spares.
I use a variety of Ortleib saddle bags. They have an interchangeable clip system, and the smaller ones don't have any attachment to the seat post.
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m5b0s73p0/Bags-and-Luggage/Saddle-Bags for examples.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
A very useful saddlebag that does it all.

Attachments

• 20210531_095637.jpg
    20210531_095637.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 13

raggydoll

Über Member
Quite a few options.
Saddlebag
Small handlebar bag (This is the option I would go with, especially if putting phone in). Means you can pack a snack too as they tend to hold more than a standard saddle bag).
Top tube bag (Never used one but doesn't interfere with front or rear lights. May hit your knees on it though depending on the size and how you cycle - probably only when standing and probably not even then - something to consider though. May also scratch top of your frame).
Tool bottle (Can look sleek but takes up 1 bottle cage. I prefer to have 2 bottles of water with me)

They all have their benefits and all have their compromises.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Quite a few options.
Saddlebag
Small handlebar bag (This is the option I would go with, especially if putting phone in). Means you can pack a snack too as they tend to hold more than a standard saddle bag).
Top tube bag (Never used one but doesn't interfere with front or rear lights. May hit your knees on it though depending on the size and how you cycle - probably only when standing and probably not even then - something to consider though. May also scratch top of your frame).
Tool bottle (Can look sleek but takes up 1 bottle cage. I prefer to have 2 bottles of water with me)

They all have their benefits and all have their compromises.
I've used them all and then some and the two that get most use are long flap saddlebag or messenger bag strapped to the rack top.

But all are different compromises.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
So much new stuff is just reinventing the wheel. Carridice is about because it does what it says on the box. Yes certain adaptation over the years but their traditional stuff still going strong.

Top Bottom