saddle extendor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Are these any good?

I need to move the seat further forward than my rails will allow and i can either fork out on a flippable seat post or one of these?, from sjs cycle for £20, or can some can suggest a flippable 27.2 mm post ?

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=1307&src=froogle
1249Avk_xl.jpg
1249Avk_xl.jpg

showimage.asp

02GF74

Über Member
i can't even begin to imagine how that would fit that and what exaclty is a flippable seat post?

if you wantto move saddle forwards buy a seat pos with 0 throwback; if you need something else, then surely your riding posiiton is not going to be correct - you may have too large a frame or too long a stem; uynless you have some medical condition you are trying to address by this.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

To larger frame tbh, but was a real bargain worth spending a tenner on ( i found one on ebay by SJS ).

I will give it a few weeks if not i am sure i can sell it for at least what i bought it for.
£550 new i got it for £250 and its been ridden maybe 10 times, guy does not like road bikes and needed to sell to get a MTB .

linky to my bike.

https://www.cyclechat.net/

longers

Legendary Member
This question has been recently asked on yacf and this seatpost was recommended as being suitable.

disclaimer: I've not done it or used one but the chap who asked the question had one on another bike and put that on the bike with the too long reach and got his saddle further forward.

Chrisz

Über Member
What's wrong with turning the seatpost around? I used to have a zoom seatpost with a slight setback on my TT bike - I found it made the stretch to the bars too long so I turned the post through 180, re-fitted the saddle and it did the job for several years :biggrin:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

longers said:
This question has been recently asked on yacf and this seatpost was recommended as being suitable.

disclaimer: I've not done it or used one but the chap who asked the question had one on another bike and put that on the bike with the too long reach and got his saddle further forward.

Might keep it in mind thanks for the linky

A more expensive option

andyhunter

look do ergo seatpost that allows for 3 different postions, i have a look ergopost 2 ti and i have moved it to find my best postion, i would recommend it, yes its expensive but well worth the money, they even still do the model i have which is far cheaper than what i paid but there is dearer newer models out there now like look ergopost 4 i think.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Update ,

I went out with a tape measure and compared bikes.

With the seat all the way forward the reach to the center of the handlebars is the same but the bars are approx 10 mm longer reach to the hoods.

So i am guessing i need a 10 mm shorter stem?

Currently have a 90 mm over sized stem on so i am on the look out for a 80 mm one )

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Just an update ,thanks for all your suggestions.

The seat post extender arrived , got it for £10 off ebay and installed it .I now have the same reach,seat height as the old bike so i am hoping the bike should be ok.
Sold old bike yesterday so with the cost of extra bits-sale of old bike i hope i have a £550 bike for £200

Top Bottom