Saddle Recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I appreciate this is all down to personal preference but I only have the standard saddle that came with the Cube Attention, I'm looking for something with a little more 'give' it's okay but after 2 hours of riding tracks & trails I'm getting a numbness. Just wondered if there was a not too expensive alternative?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Brooks B17. That is all :okay:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5350074, member: 9609"]£50 and its yours[/QUOTE]
I'll have to give it some thought the kneebiters need feeding this week apparently

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Another vote for a charge spoon, whether road or off road, and not much outlay if it doesnt suit.

Gary E

Veteran
I have Charge Spoon Saddles on 3 of my bikes and I love them. But to be fair, the best antidote to numbness in that area is simply time in the saddle.

I made the mistake (for me anyway) of thinking the more paddling the better when I first started riding. I got a well cushioned saddle and even added one of those Gel covers to it. Obviously when you first sit on it to test it it feels incredible but I found that more padding just meant more areas of contact and more chaffing on long rides (particularly hard rides where sweating was involved).

In the end, on a recommendation from someone on this site, I bought a Charge Spoon and just persevered with it. After a while you become accustomed to it and build up a bit of resistance. I can ride for hours now with little or no discomfort.

Other helpful things that I've found include the use of a good chamois cream on a well fitting pair of padded bib shorts and I also find that standing up every now and then while pedalling to give my posterior a bit of a rest is very worthwhile :smile:

Sharky

Guru
I appreciate this is all down to personal preference but I only have the standard saddle that came with the Cube Attention, I'm looking for something with a little more 'give' it's okay but after 2 hours of riding tracks & trails I'm getting a numbness. Just wondered if there was a not too expensive alternative?
Don't underestimate how demanding a 2 hour ride is. Sitting on anything for 2 hours will give you some degree of numbness.
It's likely that your legs are getting tired and stop acting as shock absorbers, so the whole weight of your body rests on your bum & saddle. When you are fresh, the legs take up most of the weight.

I really don’t like the charge spoon saddle. Any ‘curvy’ saddle is no good for me. The best saddle I’ve had was a Fizik Arione. But saddles and comfort are a very individual thing. Some people have more ‘natural padding’ so a gel saddle is not a good idea, some people have more bony backsides where a more padded / gel saddle would be fine. Some peoples sit bones need contoured saddles, some don’t. It’s a case of having to find a shop that allows saddle testing. Then honing the choices.

Top Bottom