Saddle Recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I have the spoon on my Triban. I find its good for a few hours in the saddle but not great for longer rides even with a half decent pair of padded shorts.

However, I have a Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow on my Cube Attain that has been comfortable with the same half decent padded shorts for over 80miles...

Im always open to trying new saddles but Ive never tried asking to 'borrow' a saddle for testing.

YMMMV

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Wife has bought me the charge spoon fir my birthday if it's not right then it'll be a B17 for Christmas, I never know what to tell her to buy me.

Drago

Legendary Member
-1 for the Charge Spoon/Madison Flux. Even Vlad the Impaled won't use them. I find them quite uncomfortable on longer jaunts.

I'm afraid Mr Phaeton that it don't matter what we recommend - you have no way of knowing if a bum perch will suit you until you try it. When youve found one buy 5.

Mrs M

Guru
I have a Brooks saddle, very good from day 1 and no complaints :smile:
For my road bike I went along to Edinburgh Cycles, got my seat bones measured :ohmy: and found a perfect sized comfy saddle, (standard issue saddle on the bike was too wide).
Saddle comfort is a personal preference but just a wee guidance.
Hope you find comfort!

Try https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CLI...-pad-seat-selle-italia-BLACK/32869507843.html

A cheaper copy of a selle smp saddle. Not too spongy or soft and cheap as chips, as good quality as any others I've tried - I used to get numb balls, or when I didn't and I got off bike shooting pains... I'm not swapping unless I can no longer buy another...

Edit - this is just the first link I found, I paid about £12 delivered from China when I got my ones.

Top Bottom