Saddle recommendations for a fat bloke on a hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Large

Duty idiot
Hi folks.

Piece by piece I am trying to improve my kit and my bike and the next thing on the list is replacing the awful standard saddle that came with my Cannondale Bad Boy.

Not looking for anything special or expensive, just something that will be comfortable for someone weighing in excess of 160kg (I'm well over 6ft so I carry it quite well, honest).

Anyone got any recommendations for suiable seats south of, say, £50?

PS. it must be available in any colour as long as it's BLACK. :wacko:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have a WTB saddle on my hybrid and its very comfortable. I am not as heavy as you but I think you should need something fairly wide. They have plenty of WTB saddles on the chainreaction site for less than thirty quid.

U

User6179

Hi folks.

Piece by piece I am trying to improve my kit and my bike and the next thing on the list is replacing the awful standard saddle that came with my Cannondale Bad Boy.

Not looking for anything special or expensive, just something that will be comfortable for someone weighing in excess of 160kg (I'm well over 6ft so I carry it quite well, honest).

Anyone got any recommendations for suiable seats south of, say, £50?

PS. it must be available in any colour as long as it's BLACK. :wacko:

Try the specialized BG range and if I was you I would stick a suspension seat post on the bike also for a bit more comfort.:thumbsup:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I think theres a lot of factors to choosing a saddle, but im not convinced the theory of slim firm saddle being best works as well for a big guy sat upright on a hybrid putting most of his weight on the saddle, compared to a 60kg guy maybe on a roadie riding faster taking a smaller proportion of less weight on his bum. At 100-125kg (its been up and down) I started out with one of these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bioflex-ozone-saddle/ which was really comfy and well reviewed, especially removing vibration on hard trails/paths which I think the weather got the best of. Then I put the stock Giant saddle back on and its great if im on the road keeping up a pace, pushing with my legs, if im riding casually or on rough surfaces its too small to support my weight IMHO. Id probably try a Charge Spoon next though myself :smile:

luckyb**

How long have you been riding with this saddle?

I've a Bad Boy R4 (not sure if the saddles change much between versions), at first it was like a razor blade but now 3 months later and with a pair of padded shorts it's fine....

Top Bottom