Saddle seen better days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Is your current saddle comfortable? I would get the same.

All of my saddles are more than 10 years old. One is from a bike I bought in about 1994 and showing signs of wear, but I wouldn't change it as it is one of the most comfortable. All have a thin leather covering and when looking ropey, give them a bit of TLC with shoe polish.

OP
OP
bobsinatra

bobsinatra

Über Member
Is your current saddle comfortable? I would get the same.

All of my saddles are more than 10 years old. One is from a bike I bought in about 1994 and showing signs of wear, but I wouldn't change it as it is one of the most comfortable. All have a thin leather covering and when looking ropey, give them a bit of TLC with shoe polish.

Seems ok, with the boredom of the lockdown, I fitted new pedals. So thought saddle upgrade an idea.

I wear bib shorts, and the saddle isn't bad. Just heavily worn.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hi

This road bike is over 10 years old and the saddle is worn.

I am looking to get a replacement, but as my knowledge of saddles is limited, I want to make sure that I am getting a saddle that would be compatible and easy enough to change over.

Happy to spend up to £80.

Cheers

BS

http://www.youtube.com/shorts/NwfB1CiRqH4
There are a few shops that let you try before you buy, That saddle looks awful to me, i would try something else.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
That's a stock saddle that comes with Boardman bikes. If you like it, Halfords should be able to sell you one. Or you could try eBay for nearly new ones as many people change their saddle when they get a new bike.

Top Bottom