Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
HI there

How do I realign my saddle - it's not sitting straight with the top tube - it's at a slight angle.

Thanks

J

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Loosen off the pinch bolt on the frame at the bottom of the seat post, usually a Allen key, and realign it by eye.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
The saddle needs adjusted left / right. What bolt(s) do I adjust?

vickster

Legendary Member
Loosen the seat post collar so you can twist the seat post and align the saddle with the TT. If it's loose, you might also want to review saddle height as is it may well have slipped down too

Ajax Bay

Guru
Why not consider investing in a simple bike maintenance book @Glasgow44 . Please don't take this as me having a go at you, but if you don't know how to straighten a saddle in the horizontal plane, then there will be lots of really interesting information in the book to help you with other basic stuff.
With regard to your seat post, it'd be worth pulling it out completely, cleaning it off, cleaning the inside of the seat tube off, smearing a bit of grease on and then replacing straight and as @vickster says, at the right height (sit square on the saddle and have the saddle at a height which has the heel of your straight leg on the pedal at 6 o'clock (starting point)).

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Why not consider investing in a simple bike maintenance book @Glasgow44 . Please don't take this as me having a go at you, but if you don't know how to straighten a saddle in the horizontal plane, then there will be lots of really interesting information in the book to help you with other basic stuff.
With regard to your seat post, it'd be worth pulling it out completely, cleaning it off, cleaning the inside of the seat tube off, smearing a bit of grease on and then replacing straight and as @vickster says, at the right height (sit square on the saddle and have the saddle at a height which has the heel of your straight leg on the pedal at 6 o'clock (starting point)).

No offence taken at all mate. You're absolutely right. I just got a bit confused as there are too many/so many bolts, etc and I didn't want to mess it up!

Top Bottom