Saddles - Road/Sportive rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Anyone got opinions on this thing:

upload_2018-3-21_11-10-51.png

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/selle-smp-trk-saddle/rp-prod23428

Never ventured into the territory of ergonomic saddles and wonder if this is a step too far.

vickster

Legendary Member
@biggs682 uses one iirc

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I like ergonomic/anatomic ones, but that looks the wrong shape for me. I'm still on "classic" shapes, currently a Brev.M Sellino which is allegedly similar to the old San Marco Concor (the current ones are a different shape).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Very comfy saddle for me. Both my bikes have them and I do many thousands of miles every year in comfort.
However, they are not for everybody. I lent one to @Trickedem and he didn't get on with it.
Best tried first if you can.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Anyone got opinions on this thing:

View attachment 400899
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/selle-smp-trk-saddle/rp-prod23428

Never ventured into the territory of ergonomic saddles and wonder if this is a step too far.

@dhd.evans all of my daily ride bikes are equipped with selle smp items

my favourite ones are the 2 x lite 209's on my road bikes

i have the trk on my daily commuter's it offers more padding but the extra width can be felt

if you can one try " Extra" model narrower than the trk but still got enough padding

where are you based ?

as if local enough you can try mine or contact dilglove the uk distributors as they use to offer demo saddles you could borrow for 2 weeks with a deposit left

OP
OP
dhd.evans

dhd.evans

Veteran
@dhd.evans all of my daily ride bikes are equipped with selle smp items

my favourite ones are the 2 x lite 209's on my road bikes

i have the trk on my daily commuter's it offers more padding but the extra width can be felt

if you can one try " Extra" model narrower than the trk but still got enough padding

where are you based ?

as if local enough you can try mine or contact dilglove the uk distributors as they use to offer demo saddles you could borrow for 2 weeks with a deposit left

Hi Biggs, i'm based in Dundee. I could ostensibly buy one, try it and see what like but a test-drive would put me in the ballpark. I've only ever used either stock saddles or the occasional Charge Spoon when riding. It's never been something i've given a lot of thought to but there's an unsightly rip on my current saddle so i'm in the market!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi Biggs, i'm based in Dundee. I could ostensibly buy one, try it and see what like but a test-drive would put me in the ballpark. I've only ever used either stock saddles or the occasional Charge Spoon when riding. It's never been something i've given a lot of thought to but there's an unsightly rip on my current saddle so i'm in the market!

have a chat with Debbie ( if still there ) then at http://www.dillglove.co.uk/dillglove-exclusive-distributor-of-smp4bike-saddles-in-the-uk/

might be worth doing the measuring your backside bit then look at the measurements and go from there

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I have a TRK on my CX, mostly used for commuting. It's like a comfy old armchair, once you get it set up right.

The Roubaix, and now the Ti, has the Hybrid version. Bit sore after 102 miles today, but I need to get the nose up a bit, which means a new seatpost as the current one won't allow it.

Top Bottom