Sadio Mane, a role model for wealthy footballers ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
i-mn5gHNq-XL.jpg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Good for him - pity the rest of his ilk are such vapid wastes of skin..

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Bravo. I do wonder why anyone who earns £600k per week manages to just save it all up and spend it on themselves. Lots probably donate to charity but I guess we'll never know who, plus it's up to them what they do with their money. £35million/year, I don't think I could spend that if I tried. Obviously save a few Mill for retirement, but you could do a lot of good with the rest

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Bravo. I do wonder why anyone who earns £600k per week manages to just save it all up and spend it on themselves. Lots probably donate to charity but I guess we'll never know who, plus it's up to them what they do with their money. £35million/year, I don't think I could spend that if I tried. Obviously save a few Mill for retirement, but you could do a lot of good with the rest

Mane never earned the sort of money he is earning in the gulf now when he was with Liverpool or Bayern Munich. He hasn't just built those schools and hospitals. He has been funding projects in Senegal for many years. Well done to the guy.

AndyRM

XOXO

Most players in the EPL are nowhere near that kind of money. The average weekly salary last season was around £60k, which is still huge, but also puts them into the highest tax bracket for everything over £150k a year. Sure, they'll have sponsorship and image rights earnings too, but they'll pay more tax than most of us in a life-time within a couple of seasons.

I watched the episode of Dragon's Den with Gary Neville last night: he touched on a fair few of his charity interests and involvement which was interesting.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Its quite easy to find out on the web as to which high profile footballers donate to charities or have their own charities, and there are a lot, more then most people would expect. But many do like to keep their donations or charity work under the radar. To say all or most footballers are wasters is so wide of the mark it's just silly.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s nice to see some good being done. But as pointed out above others do it too.
Didier Drogba has done loads for his country. Donated many millions to charity, set up
Hospitals and acted as a peace envoy for the United Nations to stop civil war.

Top Bottom