Safestyle UK UPVC windows, feedback required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
We need new upvc double glazed windows and a door.

Has anyone used this Bradford based company and would care to share some feedback with me please ?

Thank you

Buck

Guru
The company suffered from a lot of in fighting between themselves and their after sales service isn’t as keen as their prices.
I‘ve not heard good things about them but Trustpilot seems good:-

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/safestyle-windows.co.uk

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I would never deal with a company that you have to fight and haggle to such an extent, with ploys of ‘you have to sign today to get the deal’ and ‘I need to speak to my manager to get you a special deal because I like you’. Just find a local company with great feedback.
I thought those tactics went out with the mullet.

steverob

Guru
When myself and the then-girlfriend-now-wife bought our first place together, we needed to get a LOT of things sorted with our house before we could move in (to say fixer-upper was an understatement); double-glazing being one of them. But unless we went with the lowest quote for everything, it wasn't going to be possible to do it all and that's why we ended up using SafeStyle. The maxim of "you get what you pay for" was never truer - they were by far and away the cheapest and the product was satisfactory, but the fitting wasn't exactly top notch and after-sales was practically non-existent.

If you want a bargain and aren't too fussed about it being 100% perfect, as long as you go in with your eyes wide open and know about their sales tactics (which we did), then go for it. Having said that, we have since (19 years later) gone and got most of our doors and windows replaced by a local firm and are far happier with the results, so bear that in mind as well!

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Thank you all for your opinions.
We did initially choose a local independent installer based on recommendations but (long story short) it didn't work out.
Now we have to start again. Not very impressive what I'm reading about Safestyle UK here !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just go local, really. We had one of the big companies out, and he was here 2 hours and no pushing him out the door worked, 'Special price this'. :whistle:

Local company came round, measured and went away. Posted a quote to us by hand delivery and they were less than half the big company. We still get them back if a unit 'blows' - or as happened before lockdown, one unit 'shattered'. We've got decorative 'bars' inside the units, so they came, took the old unit, re-used the bar, and brought a new unit back within a few hours.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
We had them in to give a quote and the pressure they tried to put on was insane, I ended up kicking her out. We ended up going with a local company but to be honest, they were next to useless and wouldn't recommend them to anyone I liked.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We had them fit new doors front and back, useless The back door didn't last 10yrs due to dropping hinges and as for the sealing around the edges that was awful, when the wind blew it was like a child getting hold of a Clarinet and just blowing through it randomly :ohmy:

Top Bottom