Safestyle UK UPVC windows, feedback required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thanks again guys.

I have cancelled the appointment with the Safestyle UK surveyor. I shall look again for a local installer.

You've saved two hours of your life !

newts

Veteran
Google a local window/upvc supplier, every trading estate has one. They usually have a list of recommended installers. Bear in mind all the good fitters will be very busy. Self employed fitters are usullay very good at their job, not so hot on getting quotes out😉 (26 hour days wouldn't be enough currently in the building trades).

I used a local company several times - no pratting about - just arrive, discuss requirements, measure and send the quote in the post

the national firms I tried for a quote tried all the old hard sell stuff
I even made it clear that I would NOT be signing anything that day - but they still insisted on me signing a form with lots of writing on it so that 'my manager knows I actually came here"
I even had to threaten to call the Police to get one person out - I told him he had one hour and no more - he was still wittering 2 hours later when I told him to leave - which he ignored.
In my opinion if the sales force use lots of hard sell tactics then the company is dodgy - so I wouldn't trust the other departments either!

gbb

Legendary Member
Used them(Safestyle) when we brought our house 25 years ago, paid up front, fitted quickly without fuss, afterservice was good, all the windows are still in and function, the doors were replaced about 5 years ago...by Safestyle. Again, no fuss fitting, no problems.
Negatives...you have to go through the silly 'negotiations and theyre persistent on the day, they start with silly prices, you weedle it down to something palatable. If youre strong and stick to your guns, no problem, but its a shame they have to be so predictable.

midlife

Guru
Thats the safestyle advert……..a guy bellows out the phone number

Bogof :smile:

postman

Legendary Member
I could have sworn I posted in this thread.The local bloke has got back to us today.Job is front bay window five panes,two large bedroom windows and a small bedroom window,one of the bedroom windows is because of two openings,is the most expensive,so Mrs P waited with bated breath,he told her the price,she could not say yes fast enough,he is starting in four or five weeks time.

sasquath

We need new upvc double glazed windows and a door.

Has anyone used this Bradford based company and would care to share some feedback with me please ?

Thank you
Rip off merchants, almost as bad as anglian home improvements.

Ended up going straight to factory for Windows(SGM) and local installer is fitting them. Got triple glazing for 40% of their quote (27% of anglian home ripoffs quote)

Last edited:
Top Bottom