Saffa cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossw46

Hi all,

Originally from South Africa, been in East London / Essex for 10 years now.

I used to cycle a lot as a kid, then forgot about it when I turned 17 (In 2002) and my parents bought me a motorcycle (Suzuki RGV 250 to be exact !).

Fast forward to 2012, and staying away with my work, the hotel in the middle of nowhere had a few spare MTBs available for anyone who fancied a ride, being bored on a lovely summers day, I thought why not ?

It was all upwards from there, bought a decent specialized MTB, and had a bit of fun on it for a while.

And then last year I started doing a few 100Km rides on it, often overtaking guys on road bikes ( quite possibly they were the very slow group), and some friends / colleagues suggested I try a road bike. So after pondering the idea for months, in April I bought a Eastway R2.0 carbon fibre bike, heavily discounted as it's a 2014 bike, and for the first month I thought I was going to get rid of it, in fact, my first few rides on it were at a slower avg speed than my MTB.

And then one day we just clicked, and the difference was night and day. In the mid summer mornings I was up at 5, out on the bike at 05:15 to get 50kM in before work. So a good mix of commuting and cycling in my own time has amounted to a tad shy of 3000kM for the year, of which I'm proud, but hope to put to shame next year.

I love it. I'm also a petrol head with a motorcycle and a fast car ( often the bicycle wins over the other 2, don't tell my mates !!)

Ross

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Top Bottom