Sainsbury's cycle delivery service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just spotted this from my favourite supermarket retailer....

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/27/sainsburys-goes-back-to-its-roots-with-bicycle-delivery-service

An excellent move IMO, if only it was likely to roll out nationwide. Got to be better than all those vans whizzing around the roads, which in turn is better than all the private cars whizzing down to the shops.

Now all they need to do is encourage the customers to cycle to the shop themselves. They could start by putting the bike racks in a decent spot rather than tucked away at the side of the store out of sight of the flow of shoppers :angry:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just spotted this from my favourite supermarket retailer....

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/27/sainsburys-goes-back-to-its-roots-with-bicycle-delivery-service

An excellent move IMO, if only it was likely to roll out nationwide. Got to be better than all those vans whizzing around the roads, which in turn is better than all the private cars whizzing down to the shops.

Now all they need to do is encourage the customers to cycle to the shop themselves. They could start by putting the bike racks in a decent spot rather than tucked away at the side of the store out of sight of the flow of shoppers :angry:
My first 'job' was delivery boy for the local Co-op.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sainsburys seem to do that if local councils require it and local people request it. Here's the main cycle park slap bang outside the front windows of the new branch in King's Lynn: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7...MN9fF4qzo5RExR4EIrMQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en and there are three other sets of cycle racks around the building (two of which are on street view).

Compare that to the similarly-new Tesco across the road where cycles are shoved to the outer corners, with fewer and far smaller wedge-shaped racks that bikes easily fall over in, doing the bare minimum to avoid a legal challenge: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7...cIx9WqQGbFQfhrshUOHw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en (and the door visible behind is a rarely-open exit, not the main entrance/exit).

Morrisons and Waitrose often seem pretty good, too. Asda relentlessly crap - wheelbenders if you're lucky. Most of the others seem really variable, even with new stores.

Top Bottom