Same bike - different bike!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rollon

Went for a short spin on my Spech Tricross yesterday. Only purchased last year and have done about 180 miles on it in total. I have struggled with to be honest, never felt quite right no matter how I adjusted things. The reach felt stretched, not quite fully in control. On the drops felt deffo unsafe, on the tops, the same, so did most riding on the brake hoods.
I hadn't been on it since last September, but had done a bit of mileage on my mountain bike.
Anyway yesterday, as soon as I was on it, it felt like a completely different bike. No wobbles, felt secure and comfortable during all handlebar positions and I even liked the feel on the drops. I couldn't believe the difference and still don't quite understand it.
Dave.

ACS

Legendary Member
Confidence in your own riding ability?

Norm

Glad that you've got into the Tricross. They are longer than many road bikes, I understand that's because that length gives them stability when riding off road and Specialized also consider them to be the tourer of their range.

Strangely, I found the drops much more comfortable than those on my other bikes.

GrasB

Veteran
A road bike will be very twitch & unstable if you don't have good trunk strength as you can't hold the more aggressive riding position & control the your torso to balance on the bike if you have low trunk strength. Feeling stretched out may be that you weren't used to riding a bike & holding that position, with the MTB miles you've got used to a riding position & also gained the required trunk strength.

Top Bottom