Sanmarco superleggera full carbon saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
image.jpg
Just bought myself one of these in red for my road bike, I don't like padded saddles and prefer a minamilistic approach I've already go padded shorts and god has blessed me with a padded enough behind (or maybe that was mcdonalds) but my main questions are, are they Comfy on ride? And do you slide about on them? As the finish looks rather smooth and that could be an issue especially when it's wet

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My Selle Italia SLR TE is smooth and I prefer that to my Fizik Arione that seems to have a small amount of grip . I guess you will need to break the saddle in but once that's done it should be fine . Im thinking of getting my Selle re covered as I don't want to get rid of the saddle because of wear .

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My Selle Italia SLR TE is smooth and I prefer that to my Fizik Arione that seems to have a small amount of grip . I guess you will need to break the saddle in but once that's done it should be fine . Im thinking of getting my Selle re covered as I don't want to get rid of the saddle because of wear .

It is a solid carbon saddle, it won't break in!

Cyclist33

It is a solid carbon saddle, it won't break in!

Yes but the OP's ass will.

I don't think there's much point debating what I'm going to say as JackSmith seems hell bent on blowing insane amounts of cash for no good reason... but £200 (on sale!) for an untried-n-tested saddle?! That's just cart before horse, dude. Get out and ride!

PS don't think Selle Italia and Selle San Marco are the same brand?

Stu

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I got it cheap off a friend in the states only payed £40 checked and it is genuine I thought it is worth a gamble and if I don't get on with it I can sell it on, it will be a week or so arriving so was just asking here first to get a heads up

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If someone is selling it for £40, it is either faulty and they want rid or a fake, loads of them about! No-one in their right mind sells a £250 saddle for £40. Even if it is a fake, who cares... it is a 100g saddle for the price of a bog standard road saddle.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
To be honest if it's fake I wouldn't mind I can't see there being any difference, the person is actually my mothers cousins son who live out in LA the price was just for the express shipping anyway so I really got it for nothing

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is a racing saddle designed to be as light as possible, not super comfy. As you already have it you are the best placed to answer your own questions.

Top Bottom