Santander team next year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skip Madness

yello said:
My only thought was IF a new team was started at the end of the season, could they get the required accreditation/licencing/approval or whatever to be invited to the TdF next year?
Garmin managed it within a similar time frame, didn't they?

Will1985

Über Member
yello said:
My only thought was IF a new team was started at the end of the season, could they get the required accreditation/licencing/approval or whatever to be invited to the TdF next year?
Didn't stop Cervelo Test Team. OK, so it used to exist in the form of a women's team but that wasn't the same.

Skip - Garmin (Slipstream) emerged out of an U23 style US team to become Pro Continental in 2007. In his original plan, Vaughters said that his aim was take it slowly in 2008, then to attend the Grands Tours and become ProTour in 2009. Obviously they achieved getting to the Giro and Tour a year early probably due to the influx of big name riders.

Skip Madness

Will1985 said:
Skip - Garmin (Slipstream) emerged out of an U23 style US team to become Pro Continental in 2007. In his original plan, Vaughters said that his aim was take it slowly in 2008, then to attend the Grands Tours and become ProTour in 2009. Obviously they achieved getting to the Giro and Tour a year early probably due to the influx of big name riders.
Thanks for that, interesting. Even having been around for a while, the last sentence there indicates that if a new Armstrong team is formed it shouldn't have any difficulties getting a Tour invite.

mr-marty-martin said:
the french dont realy like lance, so that would just be an excuse for them not to let him in if he makes a fresh new team...
What's that faint thudding noise? Could it be Yello banging his head against a brick wall? ;)

Repeat after me: 'The French' do not hate LA.

yello

Thanks Chuffy, that's saved me some key strokes! :wacko:

I can ignore the idiotic sweeping statement but, for the life of me, I can't work out what mr-m-m is even saying there. What would be an excuse? Not let Armstrong in where? And why not?

yello

mr-marty-martin said:
well i stand by my thoughts,

You may well do but it really does help, if you're going to post them on a public forum presumably with the intention of sharing them and adding to a debate, to be a little clearer as to what you're referring to!

As it stands, I have no idea what you meant and have formed the impression that you're about 12!

i realy dont think the french ( of course not all of them ) like lance...

That's a good start then! Did you know that Armstrong has said many times that he likes the French people? It's some of the authority he has a problem with. So it appears that not even he says he doesn't like the French. I wonder why these things get trotted out then?

Jonathan M

Well, if Santander Cycling runs as they bank, they'll buy up lots of little names in the hope that one sparkles and give them something for their cost.

And if they don't, they'll just sell assets, sack people, blame the economic climate, and become really unpopular with all around them.

Nice to know being a shareholder in Santander that they may be doing something effective rather than just self-gratifying (sorry, that should be banking).

Top Bottom